INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to export / import playlists version 21 to version 23  (Read 1535 times)

cupboy

• Junior Woodchuck
Need to export / import playlists version 21 to version 23
« on: February 16, 2018, 07:50:00 am »

MC21 claims to have exported my playlists but it didn't really do it. It says the file is in the path: /Users/admin/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 21/Library/Playlists. There is not even a directory called Library. How can I choose a path for the export? I really don't want to set up all my Playlists over again. That would take hours.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Need to export / import playlists version 21 to version 23
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 08:19:27 am »

You should be able to make a backup of your library in MC21 and restore it in MC23.

ugee

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 07:54:51 am »

There is not even a directory called Library.
You know that the Library folder is hidden by default and therefore not visible in Finder right away, do you?

Some reading that might help: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/show-hidden-files-mac-3520878/

cupboy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 10:30:30 pm »

I found it using terminal. Then I copied the Playlists folder to a Backup folder that already existed. Now I can import playlists, one at a time. They then show up in Imported Playlists. I don't really like the one-at-a-time problem but it's an improvement over nothing at all. I'd like to copy all the contents of the Playlists folder into whatever folder J River stores this info.

For my future use: cp -r Playlists /users/admin/backups

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 12:49:31 am »

You should have just done what Jim said, and all your Playlists would already be in MC23, along with everything else from your MC21 Library.

Also, I'm not an OSX user anymore, but you should have been able to use Shift-Click or Command-Click to select multiple Playlist files and import them all at once. That certainly works in Windows, with Shift- and Control-Click.

Plus the directory visibility issue. Worth learning.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ugee

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 11:40:10 am »

@JR Team  :) ... a minor improvement would be if MC asks for an export path when "Export all Playlists" gets called - just like it does for single playlist exports. Writing results into a folder which the OS by default hides is not too clever since one can easily assume the user wants to do something with the exported playlists.  :P
At least MC could default to the users home folder for exports (instead of the Library folder).
Pages: [1]   Go Up