INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Listening to audio in theater mode  (Read 2312 times)

zonka

• World Citizen
Listening to audio in theater mode
« on: February 16, 2018, 01:36:02 pm »

New to the program so here's my question: when listening to audio files in theater mode can you turn off background photos and just see my own album art attached to my files?
Also, can you pick your own jpeg to use as a background photo?

steff

• World Citizen
Re: Listening to audio in theater mode
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 05:43:49 pm »

open theatre View options, select the skin\theme you are using and remove the flag to "show online media slideshow"

if you want then cutomize the images used for the backgroud, then browse your PC filesystem, look into the directory where JRiver is installed and search for the theme\skin
everything is there.
Linn LP12 Turntable + Akito + K9 + Audio Analogue Paganini SE + Electa Amator
piCore Player + nVidia Shield + Xiaomi MiBox S + UAPP
Teac UD-503 + M2Tech HiFace
Cisco 3850 + 1815i + Dell T440 2x Xeon 4210

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 06:40:02 pm »

Tip: A quick way to get to the Themes folder is to go to:
Options > Theatre View > Appearance > Theme: {name of current theme} > Browse themes folder...

I have a few Themes I use, currently Dakar images. They play in the background in most areas of MC, even while Audio is playing if there are no more appropriate images. For example, if I don't have "Last.fm" ticked under the "Online media slideshow" and play some audio, my Dakar theme shows in the background behind the Album Cover Art. But if I tick "Last.fm" under the "Online media slideshow" and play some audio, the Cover Art shows over Artist images in the background for a while, and then the Cover Art disappears and only the Artist images from Last.fm are shown.

However, my understanding of your question is that you have multiple images for albums that are stored in the Album directory, and you wish to display these when an Album is played, correct? This has been asked for before, but I don't know of any way to do it yet.

JRiver have provided some capability in the View Extras functionality, but it doesn't do what you want. Right click on an audio file in Standard View. Select "View Extras" at the bottom of the list of functions, and select the first image in the list shown. Then select Play and the images in the Album folder, or those supported by the View Extras functionality, will be shown on screen. Just once I think though. No repeat I know of.

Search the forum for discussion on "View Extras" or "Extras" for more info.

But wait... Now I think about it, at least one user has worked out how to play a slideshow of his personal images while audio is playing. From memory it was just generic images he took as part of his photography hobby, and it involved the use of two Zones, one for audio, one for video, both played at the same time. I'm not sure how automated it was though. You may be able to do a similar thing and direct MC to the Album directory for the source of images.

If you search the forum carefully you may find the discussion. Using Google to search the JRiver domain would work best.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 09:40:35 pm »

Tools -> Options -> Theatre View -> ... Theme: -> Online media slideshow

tick [Show online media slideshow in file view]

This will slideshow images from internet related to media you selecting or playing in Theatre View.

For audio only this will also picks local images stored in the same folder as your media file. If you want to show just images stored in your local files in Tools -> Options -> Theatre View -> ... Theme: -> Online media slideshow ... untick all online sources but leave  [Show online media slideshow in file view]

This sadly  does not work when browsing video files ... yet ... developers say it would be done ... but still holding my breath here lol
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 10:11:21 pm »

Forgot to mention that above trick has a glitch/bug for stack items

when you browse your audio in artist view, albums of same artist get stacked nicely together ... when you select those stacks, images stored in one of the album will show ... when you enter that stack, however, that album image get "stuck" (selecting/entering other albums in stack does not show images for correct album ... instead "stuck" image will show)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 10:23:53 pm »

I didn't think that was working. I tried it earlier and it didn't. I didn't search for the thread discussing it though.

Do the image files in the album directory need to be named in a specific way? i.e. Do they need to start with the Album name, or similar?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 10:45:02 pm »

Ah yes, the image file names need to start with the Album name. i.e. For the "Two Shoes" Album, files "Two Shoes (1).jpg" to "Two Shoes (6).jpg" worked just fine.

With Last.fm not selected for "Online media slideshow" I also needed to change the setting for "Fade out Cover Art in Playing Now Display" to "Always", or the Cover Art would always stay on top and cover the image files.

Sweet. Thanks for educating me tij.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 05:44:07 am »

Sweet. Thanks for educating me tij.

:)

this was introduce recently ... so not many ppl aware (most are just happy with internet slide show)

for me it was important (1) dont want to waist internet bandwidth on fetching background (2) reduce latency for fetching background (3) lots of stuff i have is just not popular enogh to be on internet so need manually put background (4) can assign correct band pictures to albums, eg no Trujillo for backround of Master of Puppets

PS. My pictures are currently stored [fanart.jpg] or [Artist - Album.jpg] ... never though JRiver pick specific file names ... always thought it just grab any images in the folder ... good to know thogh ... thx RoderickGI

PSS. now only if they can fix this feature for stack albums ... and do this for Movies and TV Shows ... still holding my breath :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 03:01:59 pm »

If those names work for you, it probably will grab files with names consistent with the file naming of the Extras feature. The thread on that naming convention was long and I don't think there was a summary in the end.

JRiver will get there for Movies and TV, maybe even Stack Albums. Maybe.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up