INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date imported as dd/mm/yyyy  (Read 3909 times)

ozziaj

• Recent member
Date imported as dd/mm/yyyy
« on: February 17, 2018, 01:23:01 am »

Hmm, spend a few hours going through the various forums here, but don't seem to be able to find what I need ....  :-\  :'(

This is what I want to get:

A view of all videos imported in the past 12 month (or 1 year), sorted by date imported, newest to oldest, with the date formatted and displayed not as a floating point number, but as dd/mm/yyyy - yes, I'm not a robot  ;D

Seems to me that I can do this only via an expression script  ?  Ok, odd as this may be, but where do I enter such script? And how to execute it?

And if it has to be a script, would this be ok for a script:
[Media Type]=[Video] [Date Imported,0]=<1y ~a ~sort=[Name], [Year]
and would that cover movies as well as videos, or just files tagged as Video. If the latter, how do I include videos AND movies in the same script??

I would have thought that for the sake of user friendliness, this could be readily achieved using the actual UI, right? Hmm, maybe wrong? Sure, I can do it via the UI, but it always shows all dates (for example in a grouping) as floating point numbers ....

Thanks for all help and pointing me in the right direction. Cheers to ya' all  ;)

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Date imported as dd/mm/yyyy
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 05:28:48 am »

this could do it...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

ozziaj

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 10:45:54 am »

Thanks, ~OM~, I'll play with this tomorrow and report back. Cheers  :)

RD James

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 10:54:43 am »

[Date Imported] displays 'friendly' date formatting.
[Date Imported,0] displays the floating point date formatting.

Alternatively, if your expression relies on [Date Imported,0] to work, you can wrap it in FormatDate() to specify whatever formatting you want displayed.

ozziaj

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 10:44:09 am »

Ive tried a similar layout to that from ~OM~. That works for what I wanted  :), but it still shows the floating point date as a grouping ... Any way to get rid of that floating point date?  :-\

RD James

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 11:23:29 am »

Replace [Date Imported,0] with [Date Imported] or wrap it in FormatDate() tags.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 02:29:47 pm »

I posted these "Last Played" and "Date Imported" views over in the MAC forum a few years ago. They can be really useful.

Scroll up for the full story, or just download the attachments in this post:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,102319.msg710586.html#msg710586

-marko

ozziaj

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 01:56:37 am »

Replace [Date Imported,0] with [Date Imported] or wrap it in FormatDate() tags.
Thanks, but, hmm, I didn't use a script. Just used MC's UI ...

ozziaj

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 02:00:50 am »

I posted these "Last Played" and "Date Imported" views over in the MAC forum a few years ago. They can be really useful.

Scroll up for the full story, or just download the attachments in this post:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,102319.msg710586.html#msg710586

-marko
Thanks, marko. These view-scripts are really incredibly useful; just what the doctor ordered  :) ! The "full story", and related links, also make for good reading / studying. Thanks again & cheers!

ozziaj

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 01:54:30 pm »

@ marko Sorry, one question regarding the 'Play Stats' view: How do I remove the texts below each thumbnail, please? Couldn't find anything in any of the edit menus ...

Thanks for the help. Cheers

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 02:26:24 pm »

Well well well! I forgot all about the thumbnail text being included.

Up the top, in the view tab, you should see a downwards facing arrow.
If you hover your mouse over that for a second, a menu will appear. This is called the "View Header Menu".
Hover over "Thumbnails" and a sub-menu will appear. Click on "Thumbnail Text".
Remove all existing text, and enter your desired text.

This can be as complicated as you wish, for example, you could enter an expression that returns different text depending upon the media type involved, and so on.
At its simplest though, just enter [Name] in there to have the movie name under the thumbnail.

-marko

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 05:18:17 am »

Hello marko, sorry to but in here.

I would like a similar script that tells me about my Genres, please.
For example How many tracks do I have in each Genre (I know I can find that easily)

But then with How Many Times I have played that Genre; or perhaps I am saying How Much (percentage) I have / have not played of a particular Genre - split into mp3s / flacs / or both.

I should be grateful to know How much I play one Genre against another, perhaps with a view to getting rid of some lesser played Genres.

I am not to sure what is possible, but I think you are getting my general drift of what I require.
Ha, its just that your above script reveals I have never played 25% of my 125,000 tracks in the last five years, so why not I ask myself.
thanks,

Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

ozziaj

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 05:25:28 am »

@ marko; Thanks, but I just can't ind that downward facing arrow anywhere - perhaps I've got "a blonde moment"?  :'(

I even checked around the forum for more information how to access the "View Header Menu", for example your post here:

Code: [Select]
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=111137.0
Anyway, if you you don't mind, could you please try to point out where I'm going wrong?

BTW, I really don't need any texts/details as I think the thumbnails alone are descriptive enough. Though I'm not sure whether MC needs at least one detail or can do without any ...

Please note I'm still using a v21 build (see screenshot attached). Trying to use the latest build, created a database corruption for me ...

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 06:03:36 am »

For example How many tracks do I have in each Genre (I know I can find that easily)

i'm pretty sure this can be done with variables.  i haven't used marko's view so i'm not sure how he's calculating (with variables or not)

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 06:15:21 am »

@ marko; Thanks, but I just can't find that downward facing arrow anywhere - perhaps I've got "a blonde moment"?  :'(
I even checked around the forum for more information how to access the "View Header Menu", for example your post here:
Anyway, if you you don't mind, could you please try to point out where I'm going wrong?

Hover over the little down arrow next to the word Panes
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 06:53:05 am »

@ marko; Thanks, but I just can't ind that downward facing arrow anywhere - perhaps I've got "a blonde moment"?  :'(
Probably poor choice of description on my part... it's really a downward facing triangle more than an arrow :)
ozziaj: View Header Menu

Note that the "Thumbnails" option only appears in this menu when the list is actually showing thumbnails.

MC will happily accept this being empty, ie. no thumbnail text.

But then with How Many Times I have played that Genre; or perhaps I am saying How Much (percentage) I have / have not played of a particular Genre - split into mp3s / flacs / or both.

I should be grateful to know How much I play one Genre against another, perhaps with a view to getting rid of some lesser played Genres.

I am not to sure what is possible, but I think you are getting my general drift of what I require.
Ha, its just that your above script reveals I have never played 25% of my 125,000 tracks in the last five years, so why not I ask myself.
thanks,

i'm pretty sure this can be done with variables.  i haven't used marko's view so i'm not sure how he's calculating (with variables or not)
The two views we're discussing here are not using variables. Just formatting [last played], [date imported] and now(), seasoned with a lot of comparing and a pinch of math :)
I struggle a bit with variables. I have, and make good use of, the album rating variable posted by Markh, but don't fully understand what it's doing, other than that, in order for it to do its stuff, it has to be initiated at least once per MC session. MusicBringer's genre request, if it can be done with variables, probably needs a thread of its own as I could imagine that getting quite involved... I couldn't even begin to tackle that... (sorry MusicBringer) You up for it ferday?

-marko

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 07:23:52 am »

if he starts the thread, i'll give it a go.  MusicBringer, bring some detail if you want this to happen.    :P

ozziaj

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 08:04:47 am »

@ marko Thanks again for the renewed heads-up. I knew I was missing something simple ... And yep, all good 'n happy now. Cheers, and once again, many thanks!  :)

ozziaj

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 01:05:18 am »

@ marco

Hi. I've been playing around some more with your MC views, and lazy me has a couple of questions, please  :-[

Is it possible to set default views & sorts when opening the "Import Stats" view? I'd like to have these as defaults if possible:

Panes:
Media Type: Video
Stats: Imported This Month

Sorts:
1) Date Imported, Newest to Oldest
2) Name, A to Z

And finally, how can I remove from this view, Media Types that I haven't assigned to MC (i.e. Data, Images), please?

Thanks again for all help and pointers. Cheers

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2018, 09:24:26 am »

MusicBringer's genre request, if it can be done with variables, probably needs a thread of its own as I could imagine that getting quite involved... I couldn't even begin to tackle that... (sorry MusicBringer) -marko

Nevermind, thanks for considering it  :)

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 09:41:22 am »

if he starts the thread, i'll give it a go.  MusicBringer, bring some detail if you want this to happen.    :P

Thanks, that's kind of you, I have now, please see Request for Genre Script. :P :P

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 09:59:23 am »

@ marco

Hi. I've been playing around some more with your MC views, and lazy me has a couple of questions, please  :-[

Is it possible to set default views & sorts when opening the "Import Stats" view? I'd like to have these as defaults if possible:

Panes:
Media Type: Video
Stats: Imported This Month
Can we do this in small steps? I think all the lights will come on for you at some point, and then you'll be off and running.

I noticed earlier that you had placed the view inside the "Video" section. All of this kind of stuff is purely down to user preference, there is no right or wrong, you just need to learn the fine tuning to fit your preferences.

Placing the view inside "Video" kind of negates the the need for a "Media Type" pane, right? and, possibly, you were wondering why the view allows other media types to be shown?

The default "Video" group contains a rule that filters only video files through.
Each view inside this group has the option to "Use parent scheme rules for file display" turned on.
The "Import Stats" view has it turned off, and so, is allowing all files in your library through to be listed.
To fix that, go to the view header menu, and click on "Customise View".
In the middle section, near the top, place a tick in that "Use parent scheme rules for file display" option and press ok.

Now, I would expect that the "Media Type" pane only has one entry, "Video" (along with the default "All Media Types, of course).
If that's correct, it makes it pretty redundant, so, why not just get rid of it?
Go back into the Customise View tool, and in the left, "Categories" section, select "Media Type" and hit the "Remove" button.
Press OK. Better?

The view should already be doing "Newest/Oldest" to add "Name a-z"...
Go back into the customise view tool...
In the middle section, click on "set rules for file display"
At the bottom of this new dialogue, you will see the sorting currently applied...
Click the "Add" button, "a-z > Name"
OK your way all the way out.

Note:
That sets the default sorting for the view.
The Stats pane is a search list. Here, each item is basically a saved search, and each can contain sorting rules that override the default.
Have a look and see if you can figure those out. Shout if you need more help.
You cannot specify a default selection in any pane, they all default to the "All" item when the view is first loaded, and that cannot be changed.

-marko

ozziaj

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 12:17:16 am »

@ marko

BIG thanks for all the detailed advice. Yep, that worked great; managed, too, to set sorts for the subheadings of the Stats pane to date imported (z-a) & name (a-z). Should be all good now.  ;)

Amazing what this program can do if one digs deeper into all the submenus/headings, options etc. I can see myself getting real immersed during one of my next holidays  ;D

Cheers, and once again, a big Thank You!
Pages: [1]   Go Up