INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wife unable to see anything  (Read 966 times)

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck
Wife unable to see anything
« on: February 17, 2018, 08:27:02 pm »

Hello,

When my wife logs onto our computer and tries to use JRiver none of the 300,000 files in the library show up, nor do any of the regular playlists show up. But when I log onto the computer everything is just fine I can see everything. Whats up?

How do I make it so either of us get to use JRiver when we log on?

Thanks

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Wife unable to see anything
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 08:39:07 pm »

The default library location is in: "%APPDATA%\J River\Media Center 23\" which is a location specific to your user account.
If you go to "File > Library > Your Library Name" there is an option to clone the library to a new location.
I would suggest cloning it to a location that both accounts can access, and setting that as the default library for both of you. Once this is working, you can then delete the original library.

Note: a "library" in Media Center is the database. It does not contain any of your media files.

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 08:57:19 pm »

Thanks! I just cloned it to the C: drive, it all works now

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 09:29:32 pm »

Just check the "Options > File Location" settings to make sure that nothing else points to a user specific location. Some of the default values do. Backups, Temporary files, Cover Art, etc.

Move all those to non-user-specifc locations.

Some applications even ask if you want them installed for just the current user, or for all users. I can't remember MC having that option though, and it would only apply to brand new installations anyway, I'm sure.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up