INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 23 Crashing  (Read 1020 times)

keb669

• Recent member
MC 23 Crashing
« on: February 19, 2018, 05:36:42 am »

Hi guys
          If you can resolve it would be much appreciated. The problem lies in the Visualization menu. When using drop down menu to Display then clicking on Collage then Clean and Tidy II. I get no image at all only Black screen with file details in bottom left corner. When trying to exit menu MC23 Crashes with message Windows has stopped working. Tried reinstalling with anti virus off still the same. Using Windows 8.1 64bit. I'm using the right version. Strange that when I Uninstalled MC23 and tried Media Jukebox everything fine on Jukebox. Any advice would be grateful Cheers.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 23 Crashing
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 05:10:59 pm »

I can't recreate that problem on my PC, using MC23.0.98, 64bit. The visualization works fine.

Specifically what version of MC are you using? i.e. MC23.0.102?
Is it the 64bit version, or the 32bit version.

Graphics driver would be the first thing I checked if I had that problem. Update to the latest and see what happens.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 06:26:33 pm »

Tried reinstalling with anti virus off still the same. Using Windows 8.1 64bit. I'm using the right version. Strange that when I Uninstalled MC23 and tried Media Jukebox everything fine on Jukebox.
That's exactly the kind of behavior that you can get from antivirus software.  Uninstall it, just to eliminate it as the cause.
RoderickGI's suggestion about the video driver is also a good one.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 07:14:13 pm »

Indeed it could be Antivirus.

I assume it is the "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 23\Visualizations\vis_main.dll" application extension which uses the "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 23\Visualizations\Vis Studio\Collage\Clean-n-Tidy II.mjv" file to decide what to display. That "Clean-n-Tidy II.mjv" file is just a text file and not executable, so it shouldn't cause an issue with an Antivirus program.

So if the Antivirus application had an exclusion on the "C:\Program Files\J River\" directory then the problem should go away. Although as vis_main.dll is just an extension, an exclusion on the "Media Center 23.exe" executable is supposed to allow the extension. Theoretically.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up