INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove Audio Analysis Tags  (Read 2008 times)

varian93

• Recent member
Remove Audio Analysis Tags
« on: February 19, 2018, 08:59:04 am »

I can't seem to find an easy way to remove JRiver's audio analysis tags & the same information stored in the library.

I had "analyze audio files on import" turned on. Which I didn't see as being an issue for my usage scenario as the information was being stored in the library database and not the tags.

However, I found what seems to be the only way to remove tags that JRiver doesn't directly support (e.g. iTunes specific tags) to be to use the "Remove All Tags" option and then to "Update Tags from Library" to add back all the tags that it does support. However when I do this it adds the audio analysis information from the library into the media's tags as well, which I do not want.

So what I'm trying to determine is if there is an easy way to batch remove all the audio analysis information from the media tags. I've already stripped and reapplied tags to nearly a thousand files. I don't really want to remove the audio analysis information from the library, strip the media tags, and then update them from the library all by hand again.

While exploring various different possible ways to achieve my goal I discovered that when one has "Update Tags When File Info Changes" enabled (which I always do) and they edit than audio analysis information out of the media library by hand it correctly removes all of it from the media files tags except for the following two:

1. Peak Level (R128)
2. Peak Level (Sample)

Even after I change these values to empty and then view the "Tag Dump" they still remain. Again the only way to remove them is to "Remove All Tags" and then "Update Tags from Library". Am I correct in seeing this last particular behavior as a bug?

I'd also really like to see a way to remove/edit all tags, not just ones that JRiver directly supports (e.g. iTunes tags). This for me is a huge hassle.

I've already decided to purchase JRiver. It is a really great product. I just see the extensive configuration options as being overwhelming & confusing as they are mostly very poorly documented.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remove Audio Analysis Tags
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 09:49:10 am »

If you select a group of files, you should be able to edit a single tag in the Tag Window.  Set it to nothing (blank).

Vocalpoint

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 09:48:38 am »

If you select a group of files, you should be able to edit a single tag in the Tag Window.  Set it to nothing (blank).

Are we able to edit Audio Analysis tags manually?

VP

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 09:55:06 am »

I just tried BPM and it worked.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 10:06:27 am »

I just tried BPM and it worked.

Interesting.

So does Remove All tags - actually do what it says - clean every single tag to null?

VP

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 10:15:10 am »

I think so.  Don't try it on your whole library.  Make a test file.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 11:58:12 pm »

Are we able to edit Audio Analysis tags manually?

The Peak Level tags require you to select the blank value if you are doing it manually. No edit, just delete. All others like BPM just allows you to edit, select a value, or delete the value.

So does Remove All tags - actually do what it says - clean every single tag to null?

It certainly does. I was doing that yesterday. Windows Explorer at least showed all the tags stored in the file were gone, and the MC Tag Dump was empty.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114489.msg791766.html#msg791766
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up