INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to optimize MC23 settings and drivers for windows 10?  (Read 1086 times)

Trismos

• Recent member
How to optimize MC23 settings and drivers for windows 10?
« on: February 19, 2018, 08:56:24 pm »

Hello - some sleuthing is requested:

I have been running into issues where a playlist starts off sounding fine but then degrades with pops and clicks and very poor sound quality. I have a couple different DACs, A Centrance DACmini and a Focusrite Scarlet Solo, and this occurs when I am running the Solo. I do home recording and have a couple DAWs (Reaper and Ableton Live) that both use the Solo perfectly fine, but MC not so much. I notice that in both DAWs the device settings use Focusrite USB ASIO whereas in MC I have 3 Focusrite USB options - Focusrite USB 2.0 ASIO, Focusrite USB ASIO, and Focusrite WASAPI. MC will barely function in the 1st ASIO , not at all in the second, and I am having these issues as stated above in WASAPI.
Yet it seems to run fine with the DACmini which MC also shows as being a WASAPI. I just did a complete re-install so all settings are pretty much stock and "Recommended". Any help very much appreciated!

I'm running a Lenovo Workstation with a XEON 8 core and 48GB ram, Windows 10 Pro.

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to optimize MC23 settings and drivers for windows 10?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 11:56:57 pm »

I don't have a Focusrite device, but it seems likely to be the buffer size being set too small.
If you select USB 2.0 ASIO as the playback device in Media Center and go to Device Settings, there is a buffer option there, but also the option to open the driver control panel. The latter is the important one.

With my DAC, the buffer size set in Media Center doesn't seem to make any difference, only the buffer size set in the driver.
Your results may be different though, and you should experiment to see what works. Start with a larger buffer size.
Pages: [1]   Go Up