INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linkwitz-Riley option in DSP Studio needs a channel selector  (Read 1253 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Linkwitz-Riley option in DSP Studio needs a channel selector
« on: February 23, 2018, 04:50:27 pm »

This has been posted before (https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=110107.0) but I thought I'd bump it back up.

This option has 1 major problem

- there is no channel selector so it is applied to every single channel

and 2 fairly serious deficiencies

- there is no low pass option
- there is no order selector

IMV the lack of a channel selector really makes the option quite pointless, I can't think of any use case for this as it stands.

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Linkwitz-Riley option in DSP Studio needs a channel selector
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:36:32 am »

While I also don't know what that filter is supposed to do or why it was added I may have a solution to your problem, at least to the problem mentioned in the linked thread.
JRiver Low-/Highpass are butterworth filters, so you can cascade two of those to get a 4th order linkwitz-riley-filter.

I would like the high-/low-pass filters to offer an option for butterworth, linkwitz-riley and maybe some others like bessel and a seperate option for the order. But for now, it works as it is.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Linkwitz-Riley option in DSP Studio needs a channel selector
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 08:05:50 am »

yes that is true (and I documented that in https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Parametric_Equalizer#Linkwitz-Riley just recently) and I agree the preferred solution would be a selectable filter type rather than a separate linkwitz-riley option

the point of this post though was just to point out that the current option is (IMV obviously) redundant, I can't think of any reason to use it
Pages: [1]   Go Up