INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In Tags, where is 'Album Date'?  (Read 1389 times)

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
In Tags, where is 'Album Date'?
« on: February 24, 2018, 07:57:17 pm »

Been looking around the forum, and I can't find out how to see 'Album Date' in the Tag side-bar. Right now, I only have the 'General' heading, but I think I am missing a whole bunch of tagging fields. I would like to enter the album date for a compilation of different artists, when each track has a different date.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: In Tags, where is 'Album Date'?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 08:22:56 pm »

I guess things would depend on what tag window your using the new or the old if the old hasn't been dc'd already. Some tags are for a single file only wile others are for multiple files only. I see the advanced has the date album was released Date (release). I would assume your using MC23 as this is the forum for MC23. so if your seeing a general I must guess that's the old tag window. But album date should still be available somewhere. I don't remember how to get the new tag window to appear. Something to do with shift.....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

~OHM~

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 08:31:28 pm »

“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 09:08:30 pm »

Tried that, but still only getting the old Tag window, and it doesn't show 'Album Date.'

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 09:57:14 pm »

The tag you are looking for is called [Date (release)], and as ~OM~ says it is in the Advanced group in the new Tag Window. There is no standard tag called [Album Date]. If anyone has such a tag, it must be a User Tag added to the MC Library fields.

If you have one or more audio files selected and open the Tag Window, but only see the "General" heading and not the File, Image, Classical, Playback, Advanced, Stats, Playlists, and maybe even Tag Dump tag groups, then you must have customised the tag window for audio files. See the button at the top left of the new tag window.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 01:56:26 pm »

OK, thanks. I have found the tag, [Date (release)], but it doesn't change the date of release for the album. On the main window, the top line for any album with multiple artists is always 'Blah Blah by Various Artists          Date'. I can't seem to specify the date of the album release here. MC assigns a random date based on one of the tracks listed. So if it is a 2003 album of 70's hits, it might say '1973' at the top, but not 2003. How can I fix this?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 02:26:38 pm »

I'm not actually sure as I haven't looked into that date display, or used [Date (release)] much. When I did it was only as a reference.

I'm short on time at the moment so hopefully someone else will step in with an answer.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

~OHM~

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 04:51:05 pm »

OK, thanks. I have found the tag, [Date (release)], but it doesn't change the date of release for the album. On the main window, the top line for any album with multiple artists is always 'Blah Blah by Various Artists          Date'. I can't seem to specify the date of the album release here. MC assigns a random date based on one of the tracks listed. So if it is a 2003 album of 70's hits, it might say '1973' at the top, but not 2003. How can I fix this?
I'm pretty sure that is the standard "year" tag. and can have only 1 entry such as 2018

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 05:49:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure that is the standard "year" tag. and can have only 1 entry such as 2018

In Tagging, it is possible to specify 'Date' and then the date shows up on the same line as the name of the album / artist (at the top), and every track gets that same date. But I can also specify 'Advance > Date (release)', thinking that gives one date to the album release and meanwhile keeps the individual dates for each track (in the case of a multi year / multi artist compilation). Am I wrong, here? Maybe it just isn't possible....

~OHM~

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 06:35:23 pm »

I guess I can't answer that. Knowing MC anything is possible if the right person reads your post... ;) good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up