INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC24 does not find my handheld  (Read 1629 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
MC24 does not find my handheld
« on: February 25, 2018, 11:14:32 am »

I bought a new 128GB card yesterday and when I went to put music onto it (the main reason I bought it), I was sad to find MC didn't recognize it, nor my phone.  Went to MC23, same thing.  Went to MC22 and it found both just fine.  Windows finds both just fine, but MC24 simply does not see the phone or card.

I checked all settings to see if there was some new thing I needed to enable, but saw nothing.

Will a log help, or is this just something I'm not doing right somehow?

Forgot to mention, I tried re-detecting handhelds, but still didn't find anything.
pretend this is something funny

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: MC24 does not find my handheld
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 11:33:34 am »

Handheld support in 64-bit builds is still incomplete. You can use 32-bit in the meantime.
We plan to finish it soon, but its been a long task.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 11:34:47 am »

Okay, thanks for letting me know.  I'll keep 22 around for syncing until you get it done.

Enjoy your weekend!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 02:17:33 pm »

If you have a card reader that Windows would assign a drive letter to when inserted, then you can sync to the card that way with MC24. MC detects the drive fine and will sync to it. It just means that you have to take the card out of the phone to sync to it.

You can also sync to a hard drive directory using MC24 and then use Windows Explorer to copy the files to the card while it is still inside the phone.

It is just the device detection part of Handheld Sync that isn't working at the moment.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 02:57:41 pm »

Good ideas.

Using 22 to sync is easy enough, restore library then sync.  I can live with that for awhile.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 03:30:23 pm »

Ah yes, restoring a library would make using MC22 worthwhile.

I was thinking MC22 would be really out of date, or you would be doing parallel maintenance, but a MC24 library would be compatible with MC22, so that is a good solution.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up