INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for New Logitech Keyboard Media Keys Solution.  (Read 3558 times)

NarseGC

• Recent member
Looking for New Logitech Keyboard Media Keys Solution.
« on: February 27, 2018, 11:50:58 pm »

Logitech use its own software to make its keyboard media keys function instead of HID keyboard service, which is the cause why these media keys do not work when JMC is not focused. In the old days, by editing SetPoint xml files, we can make Logitech keyboard work with JMC. Recently I brought a Logitech Craft keyboard, which use software Logitech Options to customized media keys. With no SetPoiot to be found, I have no idea how to make the media keys function when JMC is not focused. Can anyone help me find a solution for that?
I'm not a native user, please forgive my poor English.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Looking for New Logitech Keyboard Media Keys Solution.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 06:44:57 am »

I've never installed the Logitech software and their keyboards still worked.  So you could try uninstalling whatever Logitech you have installed.

MC has some options for Media Keys.  You could try those.  There is a Search window on the options page.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 10:57:14 am »

If it's truly a focus issue (although, in my experience, I agree with Jim, the Logitech keyboards I have used worked), you could use EventGhost to capture the keyboard event and convert it to a MCC command.  I do something similar with my Harmony remote.

NarseGC

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 08:28:55 pm »

I've never installed the Logitech software and their keyboards still worked.  So you could try uninstalling whatever Logitech you have installed.

MC has some options for Media Keys.  You could try those.  There is a Search window on the options page.

Thank you for you advice.
It's not that simple. To make Logitech Craft Keyboard (and MX Master 2S Mice together, they have many special functions) work properly the Logitech Options software is essential. What I'm looking for is a way to modify or bypass Logitech Options and use the HID service only for the media keys, not entire keyboard, just like the way to deal with Logitech SetPoint before Logitech Options.
And of course I have try all the media key option in JMC, none of them works for me.
BTW, I found this on Logitech forums, it's how Logitech explain why Craft Keyboard can't work properly with itunes, just like JMC:
We have checked with our product team and the keyboard multimedia keys only work with Windows Media Player/Groove Player. All other players must be in foreground for the keyboard multimedia keys to work.
For Logitech Craft Keyboard's functions: https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/craft/page/craft-experience

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 08:31:25 pm »

EventGhost allows you to map just certain events from a keyboard.  Can't swear it would work, but my guess is it will work for you.

NarseGC

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 08:06:38 am »

EventGhost allows you to map just certain events from a keyboard.  Can't swear it would work, but my guess is it will work for you.
Thank you for your advice.
Try my best, but still no luck. Like I said, Logitech Craft or some other keyboard use its own program to function instead of HID keyboard service. I can't even find media keys of the Craft Keyboard in EventGhost.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 09:17:02 am »

it seems like they launched the SDK for the Craft just yesterday

https://ir.logitech.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2018/Logitech-CRAFT-Advanced-Keyboard-Gets-Even-Better-With-Support-for-Adobe-Lightroom-Classic-CC/default.aspx
https://github.com/Logitech/logi_craft_sdk

doesn't appear to be something the end user can easily implement though as the SDK exposes a websocket interface with a set of json payloads that get sent down to you

NarseGC

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 09:03:12 pm »

it seems like they launched the SDK for the Craft just yesterday

https://ir.logitech.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2018/Logitech-CRAFT-Advanced-Keyboard-Gets-Even-Better-With-Support-for-Adobe-Lightroom-Classic-CC/default.aspx
https://github.com/Logitech/logi_craft_sdk

doesn't appear to be something the end user can easily implement though as the SDK exposes a websocket interface with a set of json payloads that get sent down to you

You are right, No use for me :'(

NarseGC

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 09:15:53 am »

Find myself a way by using a AutoHotKeys Script.
First customized Craft Keyboard Media Keys to certain hotkey combinations. For me, I use Ctrl+F8, Ctrl+F9, Ctrl+F10. In Logitech Options use the combinations mentioned above to take place 'previous track', 'play/pause' and 'next track' key. Then download AutoHotKeys and create a new script which should be a .ahk file like this:

^F9::
Send {Media_Play_Pause}
Return

^F8::
Send {Media_Prev}
Return

^F10::
Send {Media_Next}
Return

Compile the .ahk file to .exe and move it to Startup folder (for Win10/8 user, see this http://www.thewindowsclub.com/startup-folder-in-windows-8) to make the script run at start. This should make Logitech Craft Keyboard media keys work for JRiver Media Center or any other media player whether the player is on foreground or background.
Pages: [1]   Go Up