INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote in MC23-sees MC server but no data passing, firewall turned off  (Read 1661 times)

Knick

• Recent member

JRemote stopped working a few weeks ago.  Currently at MC23 v102 (64 bit).  I am lost without JRemote.  JRemote seems to see the MCserver but no data is passing, and it reads "nothing is currently playing" when a song is playing.

I have turned off Norton firewall on laptop, rebooted router, laptop, MC and wiped JRemote out and reinstalled on my phone to no avail.  What may have changed is a renewal of my Norton subscription, but I don't see how that would have messed with firewall settings, and all seems fine there.  MC23 is whitelisted.

JRemote seems to see the server, but no data passes.  I suspect that I have now messed up some setting in MC23 in trying to resolve,  I have read JRemote wiki, media network wiki and all else that looks relevant to my problem.  Nope.

I suspect that I am going to find out this is something simple, but would appreciate anyone who can suggest methodical way for me to check what I have wrong, or to troubleshoot getting back to where I was serveral weeks ago.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote in MC23-sees MC server but no data passing, firewall turned off
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 04:59:48 pm »

This is probably a security software problem on your machine.  Try uninstalling Norton, just to test.

Antivirus can do silly things.

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: JRemote in MC23-sees MC server but no data passing, firewall turned off
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 05:19:53 pm »

I would check if you're on the correct zone in JRemote. Having selected a wrong zone could result in no info being shown, since none is available.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Knick

• Recent member

Thank you.  Only zone showing in JRemote is "This Device" with no other option.  Will try uninstalling Norton first, and see if that works.  Love MC and JRemote and lost without it working properly.

DJLegba

Also worth clearing JRemote's cache on your phone, and deleting the server from the list and adding it back.

Hendrik

• Administrator

"This Device" would indicate content playing on your phone - so for some reason its not seeing the zones of your MC instance, and as such cannot show you information about them. Not sure how it could connect to MC but not retrieve Zone info, but testing without AV is usually always a good idea.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JoeyGS

• Recent member

Can’t get JRemote to add a server ... error message as follows/

Finding computer addresses associated with access key 'svjqzJ'

Response received

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Response Status="OK">
<keyid>svjqzJ</keyid>
<ip>49.151.102.2</ip>
<port>52199</port>
<localiplist>192.168.1.17</localiplist>
<https_port>0</https_port>
<macaddresslist>94-de-80-b7-84-d1</macaddresslist>
</Response>

Found 2 addresses

Connecting to IP: 192.168.1.17 Port: 52199

Timed out

Connecting to IP: 49.151.102.2 Port: 52199

Could not connect (An error occurred while sending the request)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team

Norton is extremely invasive.  I agree with Jim, uninstall to test.  If it works, then someone can probably help you configure Norton to work after re-install.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen

Confirm and use your server's ip address directly without the generated key. It may have changed since you rebooted everything.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.
Pages: [1]   Go Up