INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Importing Folder  (Read 1018 times)

PAR57

• Recent member
Problem Importing Folder
« on: March 01, 2018, 11:01:48 am »

I am having a difficulty it getting MC 23 ( 64 bit) to import a certain folder.

The folder contains 19 files ( i.e. 19 tracks).  A version already exists in the Library database however this is a purchased download compressed FLAC .  A copy of this has been decompressed and this new version ( still FLAC format but not compressed) has been copied onto the external storage ( an HDD) to the music folder. The storage drive has the path D:\music  and this is the drive watched in JR MC.  All folders/files on D:\Music have auto imported into JR MC except for this new addition of the uncompressed FLAC. The original compressed version has been imported as expected. Of course auto import has FLAC selected as a valid format.

I have another example of two versions of identical repertoire in compressed FLAC and in uncompressed FLAC formats although these were rips rather than purchased downloads as per the troublesome album. In this second example both versions appear in JR MC and can be accessed as normal.

I have also tried manually importing the file using JR MC Explorer but the result was 0 files imported.

Any idea of how I may get this to import?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem Importing Folder
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 11:09:37 am »

May I ask why you want to use uncompressed FLAC?  It's not a very common format and no better than ordinary FLAC.

Did you try playing it in MC?

PAR57

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 11:32:56 am »

Just experimenting.

No I can't play it in MC as it doesn't import it. It is as if it doesn't exist except I can see it on the drive with Explorer

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 12:29:40 pm »

Well it's not that Media Center can't play uncompressed FLAC files, as I converted an album to uncompressed FLAC via dBpoweramp and it plays just fine.
I suspect that whatever tool you used to convert the files is causing problems.

That said, I don't see the point in uncompressed FLAC.
If you want the track to be decompressed before playback, use Media Center's Memory Playback feature.

PAR57

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 01:15:09 pm »

Same as you - dbpower amp  conversion. I would mention that I have had no difficulty at all in importing said file to the player on my Android phone.

I do use the MC decoded memory playback option.  In fact comparing the two was the little experiment I was undertaking!
Pages: [1]   Go Up