INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible...  (Read 967 times)

sikm

• Recent member
Is it possible...
« on: March 01, 2018, 11:58:12 pm »

...to export all the tracks in a playlist? I have a playlist with around 120 tracks from all over my library and wish to copy them to a USB stick for use off site. Is there an easy way to do this or will I have to go through the playlist track by track and copy them one at a time?

I just tried burning the playlist to a USB stick but the USB ends up containing 2 folders. One is labelled Music and contains all the tracks in their folders in alphabetical order and the other folder is Playlists which contains the M3u file. Is it not possible to burn just the tracks, in playlist order, to a USB stick as one would expect them to appear on a CD?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is it possible...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:07:52 am »

you can use Rename, Move, Copy and copy them to the drive

you can use the Handheld Management tool  https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Sync_Handheld  it takes a bit of learning but it's great

you can use the Convert Format and move them onto a drive as mp3 (or any file type)

sikm

• Recent member
Re: Is it possible...
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:59:25 pm »

Thanks for that. Using Handheld almost gave me what I want.
I configured the external disk that I wanted the tracks to go to, specified the playlist I required and all the tracks were copied to the external spource. The only problem is that they were copied along with and into the 'mother' folders so if I have 2 ABBA tracks in the playlist they appear in an ABBA folder etc. I had hoped to have just the tracks in playlist order but maybe I'm hoping for too much.
The M3u playlist thingy was copied as well but the device I want to use to play the compilation won't recognise it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up