INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Customize Toolbar with Library Tools  (Read 856 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Feature Request: Customize Toolbar with Library Tools
« on: March 02, 2018, 09:08:27 am »

Don't know if this would feasible or not, but since I do A LOT of tagging in MC with MCUtils + a lot of expression-based custom fields, and I therefore use the right-click to Library Tools all the time (especially "Find and Replace," "Rename, Move, & Copy Files," and "Move and Copy Fields") it would great to have buttons on the Tool Bar (or somewhere) for these.

Also, along this same line, it would nice (again, if feasible) to not have to continually switch back and forth between different fields in "Move and Copy Fields." For example. I use two combinations all the time, and it gets tiresome to switch back and forth constantly. Same with "Rename, Move, and Copy Files:" since I have different expressions I use for different genres in moving files and setting up their folders, it would be nice to have a set of profiles, or something like it, all button-based, so that I could just fill in the relevant information once and then after just hit the button for both library tools.

These requests might not be high priority for most, or for the developers, but if I'm dreaming about what could be in MC24 . . . .

Negasonic

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Request: Customize Toolbar with Library Tools
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 04:25:22 am »

+1

More buttons for the toolbars. The checkboxes in DSP Studio, for instance.

And agree with all the Find, Rename, Move, Copy fields. Would be really great if we could save different profiles to pick from a drop-down menu. And add as toolbar buttons, of course

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 06:57:26 am »

Same with "Rename, Move, and Copy Files:" since I have different expressions I use for different genres in moving files and setting up their folders, it would be nice to have a set of profiles, or something like it, all button-based, so that I could just fill in the relevant information once and then after just hit the button for both library tools.

Can't help you with Move and Copy Fields, but Rename, Move, and Copy Files does have a Preset system:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files#Presets
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 08:28:28 pm »

Just discovered the preset system in Rename, Move, and Copy about two weeks ago. It's amazing that having been using MC since version 15, I STILL find new things!! But thanks anyway!
Pages: [1]   Go Up