INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: play silence after last track  (Read 1436 times)

AlexSind

• Recent member
Feature Request: play silence after last track
« on: March 02, 2018, 02:10:05 pm »

Hello,
I have a DAC, which occasionally produces a click/pop, after the very last track in the playlist (never in the middle).
It would be nice if JRiver had an option to play prolonged silence (e. g. up to one min), after the last track in the playlist.

Fingerling

• Recent member
Re: Feature Request: play silence after last track
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 05:26:15 pm »

When I listen to several albums in a row in gapless mode, I would like a silence between each album, so +1 for this feature

High-End

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 09:34:58 am »

A silencer would be nice. I asked that at v22 without luck...

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 10:42:15 am »

There's an easy workaround to achieve this. Make up a file of silence of whatever length you wish and add it to the end of your playlist.

No doubt someone clever can come up with a way to add it to the playlist automatically.

AlexSind

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 08:42:33 am »

There's an easy workaround to achieve this. Make up a file of silence of whatever length you wish and add it to the end of your playlist.
No doubt someone clever can come up with a way to add it to the playlist automatically.

This workaround is reasonable, just wanted to avoid the manual process of having to add a silent track manually.

When I listen to several albums in a row in gapless mode, I would like a silence between each album, so +1 for this feature

This actually can be achieved with the current version, I believe. You could choose this option under Audio:
Track change --> Switch tracks: standard gapped [duration]
and still use Gapless for sequential album tracks. This should give the specified length of silence between albums.
I'm however looking for silence after the very last track.
Pages: [1]   Go Up