INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with handheld device sync  (Read 1860 times)

biggsy

• Recent member
Problem with handheld device sync
« on: March 04, 2018, 07:42:50 am »

Hi,

I have an Astell & Kern AK70 device with a large (200GB) micro-SD card installed.

Yesterday I wiped the SD card completely and then used MC23 (32-bit) to sync about 4,000 tracks to the device over USB (which took *ages*). Used the device this morning with no issues but then plugged it back into the same PC to update the music library and after a lot of thinking, MC23 decided it needed to transfer about 3,500 of the same tracks again!

Any suggestions? I've noticed it do this before but assumed I was doing something stupid - pretty sure this time it was just a plain vanilla sync

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with handheld device sync
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 05:10:50 am »

Are you converting? There is a setting to prevent reconversion if file exists

Mike

MichaelLondon

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 04:55:49 pm »

This happens to me too though it wants to sync over 100 GB of music every time.  The same tracks over and over again.  I'm not doing any converting that I can see in the sync settings.  It takes over 10 hours every time so very interested to hear if anyone has a solution.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 05:40:46 pm »

Biggsy, have you been tagging those files between syncs? Playing them, so that the play count has been updated?

If so the Date Modified of those 3,500 files had changed, and if you had the "Resync if Data Modified has changed" setting ticked, MC naturally had to resync them. Note that if you want Play Counts to be updated on your device and shared back to MC, you need to have this setting ticked. But if your device doesn't update Play Counts there isn't much point. (I haven't tested the update of Play Counts back from a device to MC, but some people say it works.)

Before a sync, when you look at the Device under "Drives & Devices", what does the Status column show? "On Device"?

Are you plugging the SD card directly into a reader on the PC? If so, does it always get the same drive letter assigned?

Sometimes Handheld Sync can get out of whack, and a "Recheck Sync" is required to get it back on track. Particularly if you have deleted or copied files outside of MC. Note that Handheld Sync can be set to delete files that are no longer in the sync list, so no need to delete the previous files first. By using Handheld Sync to do the deletion and transfer of new files, it will keep a proper record of what is on the Device, and what it needs to do with files.

See https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114733.msg793561.html#msg793561 including the Wiki articles and search the forum for the extensive posts on Handheld Sync.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up