INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merging tracks from compilations?  (Read 1755 times)

Ivor

• Recent member
Merging tracks from compilations?
« on: March 04, 2018, 12:39:16 pm »

Probably a very simple (and obvious) fix but....
 several times now I've added albums to the library that were compilations. I get multiple additions of one or two tracks only and naturally I want to put all the tracks in one LP.   I actually did this before in my early days but can't see how I did it.

any ideas?

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Merging tracks from compilations?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 12:48:51 pm »

You need to select all those tracks and put "Various Artists" in the [Album Artist] tag.

Ivor

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 12:50:32 pm »

You need to select all those tracks and put "Various Artists" in the [Album Artist] tag.

Thanks but at least one had that by default. I have quite a few VA albums. I will go back and have a look now tyler69 thanks, just in case I'm missing something.

RD James

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 12:51:34 pm »

If it's not the [Album Artist] tag, check that all tracks are in the same directory.

Ivor

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 12:52:35 pm »

If it's not the [Album Artist] tag, check that all tracks are in the same directory.

they are yeah.  I'm looking at the tags now Ta.

Ivor

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 01:11:16 pm »

ok, done and thanks -  all tracks now under one roof. However...  I now don't know who the artists are!  Can this info be retrieved again or do I have to re tag each track?    Sorry to be a pain in the butt..

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 02:48:01 pm »

Are you sure you put Various Artists in the correct tag? there are two "Artist" tags.... Artist would be the wrong tag and Album Artist would be the correct tag.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Ivor

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 05:20:11 pm »

Are you sure you put Various Artists in the correct tag? there are two "Artist" tags.... Artist would be the wrong tag and Album Artist would be the correct tag.
Not sure at all!   But I can now go back and type in the artists names. It's the only way I'll learn.  ;D  Thanks all.

tyler69

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 07:20:34 am »

You either do it by a automatic lookup (I think most tagging tools do this, do not know if MC fetches data from Discogs for example), otherwise you need to fill the [Artist] tag manually.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 12:15:35 am »

(I think most tagging tools do this, do not know if MC fetches data from Discogs for example)

FreeDB and YADB for full CDs. (Good.)
YADB Track database for individual tracks. (Not so good.)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up