Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dirac  (Read 2055 times)

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
Dirac
« on: March 04, 2018, 01:53:42 pm »

Dirac.

Please work out with these guys, they are going to release a new version during this month.
Many people are hoping to use it with JRiver

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dirac
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 02:06:38 pm »

Dirac.

Please work out with these guys, they are going to release a new version during this month.
Many people are hoping to use it with JRiver
that's a different topic to jriver adding features to their own dsp studio

however plenty of people already use dirac with jriver (VST or playing to their DAP)

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 10:33:42 pm »

Yes, but it doesn't work stable enough

For me and friend the current version crashes periodically, so for last half a year we don't use it at all

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 10:35:03 pm »

The idea is that two dev teams meet and perform some joint integration sessions for mutual benefit

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 06:47:15 am »

For me and friend the current version crashes periodically, so for last half a year we don't use it at all
You would need to use a 64 bit plug-in with the 64 bit version of MC.  And 32 with 32.  Is that the problem?

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 07:52:25 am »

You would need to use a 64 bit plug-in with the 64 bit version of MC.  And 32 with 32.  Is that the problem?
Yes, but, often, there are issues with loading the plug-ins when you reboot and turn-on MC.  MC starts and crashes and. sometimes, it takes 2-3 restarts of MC before it is stable.  Then all's well (for me).

I think everyone knows that Dirac's VST plug-in operation has never been an 'official' release but it seems that the new Dirac (due shortly) will be via an 'official' VST plug-in base.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 06:50:48 am »

No, no, as kr4 said below.
Sure we use proper version.

It is hard to believe the bug is in JRiver, I think it is either in the interface (maybe unexpected flow of events) of the VST3 module of Dirac

What I am saying is that Dirac promised to release a new version in March, so it might be a good idea it will be 'certified' to work under JRiver

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 09:30:08 am »

I am using the VST pplugin from Dirac and looks stable. The only issue is that I am forced to use with 32 bit version (other says that the VST plugin is corretly loaded into JRiver 32)
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature
Pages: [1]   Go Up