INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Putting TV series together when they dont go?  (Read 953 times)

FatRakoon

• Recent member
Putting TV series together when they dont go?
« on: March 05, 2018, 07:51:25 pm »

This happens on a fair number of TV Series that I have bought over the years.

I import them as normal, I have tried so many ways to get them to go in to a specific list, but Im at a loss?

For example, Brooklyn Nine Nine. I have all of them so far, but in the window, and the Theatre View, is shows up with 2 icons. I click on one Icon, and then I get a list of all the series' and then I go into them, and I get each episode in that series, as I should, but as I said, there is 2 entries and that one extra entry is lose and I click on that and its the one rogue program.

There are many many that are just the same... Very few series actually go into the one entry asI want them, so is there any way I can pick out that one rogue program and force it in where I want it to go?

I hope I am clear here... Im sure Im not.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Putting TV series together when they dont go?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 09:20:03 pm »

TV Series are pretty easy to get right, but if they are recorded from OTA (Over The Air) broadcasts, you need to have good information in your EPG (Electronic Program Guide), where most of the tags come from. If the TV comes from other sources MC can work out what they are from the file name, or possibly by looking up the series automatically. If none of that works you can fix them by getting the tags right.

The important tags are:
[Media Type] = Video
[Media Type] = TV Show
[Series] = The series name
[Season] = The season number
[Episode] = The episode number

That's it. MC should then group all the episodes under their season, which will be under the series, which will be under the Video > Shows View in Standard and Theatre Views.

Note that if there is only one Season in MC so far, it will skip the Season level in Theatre View and take you directly from the Series level to the Episode list for Season One. This is by design.

If you are having trouble finding new recently imported TV shows, the Recently Imported Smartlist often helps. Otherwise, the MC search function works very well and will find programs based on many default tags, including the filename.

If the above doesn't help, provide more information and ask more questions!
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

FatRakoon

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 05:34:20 am »

Ok, I will look properly into that thank you.

The main issue, is simply that in the case of Brooklyn 99 the tags ARE all set right.

Now... Adjustment here... In my Media Centre, I have just upgraded to v24 ( Well, its 23 but I used my v24 Licence ) and that HAS put B99 all together and in the correct series and so thats sorted that out.

However, with some others, there are a few rogue episodes that I need to put in.

I hope the TAGging will sort it, but for example, there is my Black Adder colelction.

There is obviously the 4 Series' and they are all in thats great, but then I have a collection of Interviews with the main characters/actors and then some gag reels stuff and so on... These Ialso need to get in.

I will see the TAG into and go from there. that might be all it needs ?

Many thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 03:59:36 pm »

Gag reels, interviews and the like don't fit easily into Series/Season/Episode model.

For such things it is best to follow whatever the TVDB does, because that is where MC gets it TV information from. For example, Specials are always put into Season 00 and are numbered in order of appearance. I don't know what they do about gag reels and interviews. You will have to check the site, or work out something that suits you. For example, add those things with episode numbers starting at 900 in each Season they apply to?

Note that at this very moment https://www.thetvdb.com/ is down for maintenance.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up