INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor shuffling mechanism (still?)  (Read 1276 times)

ksvane

• World Citizen
Poor shuffling mechanism (still?)
« on: March 06, 2018, 07:50:52 am »

I'm currently running MC 22 and if I shuffle a playlist with only 2 different artists MC meticulously makes sure that the same artist never plays twice in a row. This seems a bit too deliberate and not very random. Has this by any chance been changed in any of the later versions or are there any plans to change it?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Poor shuffling mechanism (still?)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 08:00:24 am »

i don't get this at all.  i've tested it now with 4 different sets of artists and i get a completely random mix.  obviously the artist with more tracks is a little more biased but even then it seems to work well for me.

maybe you're just lucky! 

what type of "playlist" are you using?  i'm trying this with a smartlist...

ksvane

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 08:03:27 am »

Should've specified: This happens when I'm shuffling "Playing Now" in Player > Shuffle > Reshuffle / Reshuffle Remaining

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 03:37:50 pm »

I'm currently running MC 22 and if I shuffle a playlist with only 2 different artists MC meticulously makes sure that the same artist never plays twice in a row. This seems a bit too deliberate and not very random. Has this by any chance been changed in any of the later versions or are there any plans to change it?

I like that it doesn't back to back artists in a playlist.  But, I must admit I don't do 2 artist playlists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up