INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC2XL keeps popping up  (Read 2051 times)

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
MC2XL keeps popping up
« on: March 07, 2018, 01:50:34 pm »

When I go to Television->Options->Load programme guide the MX2XML program starts and the popup window keeps coming up several times, so I am forced to hit OK and select one of those EPG lists several times. After a few minutes, MC tells me that no channels have been loaded. Maybe the log provides some hints.
I tried setting up TV a year ago or so and I remember that this MC2XML application was already annoying back then. Can the behavior be changed/fixed? Also: could this somehow be better integrated into MCs GUI?

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: MC2XL keeps popping up
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 01:59:41 pm »

The repeat usually means there is something wrong with loading the xmltv file - internet issue, mc2xml server issue, etc.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

tyler69

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 02:07:07 pm »

Ok, I'll try again later, thanks.
Anyway: can this process be implemented to run automatically when setting up TV? I don't consider this good usability to see a popup of a third party tool with options I have no idea of which one to select.

Offtopic: I use DVBviewer for TV and it fetches this data (and channel logos) automatically. It also does contain a server, so it does not rely on my OctopusNET's channel list. Until now I, unfortunately, do not see MC's TV experience on par. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 02:10:08 pm »

The popups show only if you run the program in GUI mode, i.e. you click a button etc.  Once you set it up properly, you will not need to touch it again.

tyler69

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 02:18:08 pm »

While it is often the case that "once it is set up properly, the user does not need to fiddle around", I have not found any documentation on what the difference in the options is that this popup provides. I do not even know if I set it up properly. My radio channels, for example, did not get EPG yet..

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 04:40:31 pm »

It is most likely there was something wrong on the server side that caused the EPG downloading to have failed.  Yes it is arguable whether it is wise to try repeating.  Maybe instead of automatic repeating, I should just put up a message box asking whether you want to repeat.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 10:19:20 am »

I'm having a similar problem. It will pop up once or twice a day then other days nothing.

It looks just like the old problem we had with it a couple of years ago but for the last two years or so it has not been an issue.

The only thing different to my system is I did a Win 10 Reset (with an MC clean install & restore my library) to resolve some weird Windows 10 problems with Windows firewall blocking way too many common items.

Sure would like to see it gone for good.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

tyler69

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 02:59:22 am »

I actually now deactivate Television in MC and continue using DVBViewer. Was watching a movie from my library yesterday evening and the MC2XML window out of a sudden kept popping up. I do not know what triggers it to pop up or to stay closed but at least I know that when Television is deactivated it will never pop up.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 10:42:35 am »

I actually now deactivate Television in MC and continue using DVBViewer. Was watching a movie from my library yesterday evening and the MC2XML window out of a sudden kept popping up. I do not know what triggers it to pop up or to stay closed but at least I know that when Television is deactivated it will never pop up.

Popping up once when EPG runs in the background?  I hope it is no more than once (per lineup) because we no longer do any repeating when EPG runs in the background.  We do repeat only in GUI mode.

The reason mc2xml pops up when running in background is it could not load its settings file or the settings file is no longer valid (something changed on the EPG server Rovi??).

tyler69

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 10:59:45 am »

I do not know what was going on in the background. But it always popped up more than once. Unfortunately I do not know what "EPG server Rovi" is, so I can't help out here. Anyway, deactivating Television fixes this for me.
Thanks for chiming in :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 03:38:22 pm »

Such a simple thing, so easily fixed. It is a shame to turn off MC's TV functionality just for that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up