INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viewing "Removed Database" why no files being shown?  (Read 959 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Viewing "Removed Database" why no files being shown?
« on: March 08, 2018, 08:27:46 am »

I created a smartlist to see the (audio) files in the "Removed Database", but I am not seeing any files listed. There should be a lot.  So I just deleted two audio files, I assumed at least those two would show in the removed database, but still nothing. The smartlist is empty. I have the "Fix broken Links" set to "Yes".

What Am I doing wrong?

Smartlist name: "Removed Files"
Rules: "Media Type is Audio"
Modify Rules: "Limit Database to Removed"

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Viewing "Removed Database" why no files being shown?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 08:33:40 am »

I'm not sure.  I just erased a file from the library and it showed up in the same smartlist just like I'd expect.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 09:00:12 am »

"Removed" will mean removed from library but still existing on hard drive?

If the file is also removed from the hard drive, it will no longer appear in the "Removed" list.

The "fix broken links" setting works when you move files outside of MC. If the move occurs between two folders that auto import watches, MC can then spot the move and update the database accordingly.

If you are expecting the "Removed" database to list files that auto import has removed from the library because it can no longer find them, it doesn't work that way. If MC cannot find the file, then all references to it are removed from the library, and as it no longer exists, it is not added to the removed database.

-marko

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 10:25:19 am »

Thanks marko. That explains what is happening.

I am using the "Remove from Media Library and permanently delete from the disk" selection.

I wanted to be sure the files I deleted from the hard disk were not in the "Removed database" so I could re import the CD to a different drive/location without any problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up