INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Views on Client & JRemote  (Read 1118 times)

designmule

• World Citizen
Library Views on Client & JRemote
« on: March 08, 2018, 10:31:44 pm »

Hi There

My library server bit the dust so I had to create a new one. Previously, I had a library view which I called "individual artists". With this view I could scroll through artists and see songs contributed to compilations attributed to the artist rather than have them all lumped under "various artists". I've been able to recreate this view on my new library server. However, this view is not pushed to the client servers.

I read the JRiver wiki and it sounds like this is expected behavior and that I need to create the same view on each client and then on each JRemote. I really don't remember having to do this and I have added clients within the last six months or so. Before I go through and create the library views on four clients and three JRemote installations I just want to be sure that doing so is the correct thing to do.

I think I've been a JRiver subscriber since 19 so maybe the view just carried over from previous installations? However the recent library additions are new Pi's which have only run 23.

I appreciate any suggestions or comments you all have.
Matt

designmule

• World Citizen
Re: Library Views on Client & JRemote
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 06:45:22 pm »

I think I figured out what was going on so I'll share:

I found this thread: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=110822.0

And attempted it on one of my library clients. The custom library view added to the "customize views for JRemote..." would disappear after MediaServer was restarted so nothing pushed to JRemote. However, once I did the same thing on my new library server and rebooted the clients the customized library view showed up on the clients and on JRemote (which connects directly to the clients). I think my old library server had been running since MediaCenter 19, which was maybe five years(?) I guess I went through that proceedure way back when and just don't remember. Anyhow, things seem to be working as expected.
Pages: [1]   Go Up