INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is "Media Center 23 for Windows" no longer accepting new posts?  (Read 2130 times)

kgosfm

• Recent member

I have a problem in 23.0.102, where do I go to get help on an issue (adding a Smartlist)??

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Why is "Media Center 23 for Windows" no longer accepting new posts?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 10:25:59 am »

the board seems ok to me

try https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Smartlists for some information on smartlists

kgosfm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 11:05:48 am »

when I access the Interact Forum, the "Media Center 23 for Windows" icon is grayed out, and when the pointer hovers over it, it says "No new posts".  And I added a bunch of new smartlists one week ago, and they're fine, but now, when I try to add one, it doesn't populate (0 Files).  all this started when I bought an upgrade license last week.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 11:15:50 am »

people are still posting to that board so I would just ignore the icon

you'll need to post some more specific & detailed information about your smartlist problem

kgosfm

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 11:37:00 am »

My Smartlist issue is: All the Smartlists I created one week ago (03/03/2018) are fine.  Any Smartlist I try to add now (since I bought the MC24fW upgrade license), doesn't populate.  Here's a screenshot of the one I'm trying to add:

kgosfm

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 11:46:38 am »

and here's the properties window for the J:\24b folder. (to verify that I got the folder name correct.)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 12:21:00 pm »

What do you get if you run the same search outside the smartlist? What does it find?

kgosfm

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 12:27:39 pm »

aw nuts.... apparently, the smartlist was building.  I was expecting a "Working" indicator, not a blank screen.  I just checked it again, and it's all there.  Sorry for my impatience.

Sheepishly,
kgosfm

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 03:49:18 pm »

when I access the Interact Forum, the "Media Center 23 for Windows" icon is grayed out, and when the pointer hovers over it, it says "No new posts". 

Just click on the forum name, "JRiver Media Center 23 for Windows", and not the greyed out icon on the left.

The grey icon, and the popup tooltip "No new posts" just means that there are no new posts for you to read, not that you can't create a new post. Once you have clicked on the forum name the "NEW TOPIC" button is visible near the top right corner.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up