INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping DVD ISO  (Read 2511 times)

AlexS

• World Citizen
Ripping DVD ISO
« on: March 11, 2018, 11:52:06 am »

Hi

How can I set DVD ripping to ISO format?

Thanks.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripping DVD ISO
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 06:53:10 am »

If you have AnyDVD program, just right click on it and select "Rip to Image"

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 11:09:34 am »

If you have AnyDVD program, just right click on it and select "Rip to Image"

So "AnyDVD" integrates with JRiver?
Hmm I have DVDFab.

Thanks..

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 01:47:11 pm »

Not "integrates with MC" but you need AnyDVD HD or similar program (DVDFab?) to remove the copy protection from the DVD or BD disc before you rip it, or play it from the actual disc. AnyDVD HD just runs in the background as a separate program.

AnyDVD HD just happens to have a "rip function" too. So you could rip to ISO from AnyDVD, then MC would import it into its database.

Side note: Many movie collectors don't save in ISO because it takes up a lot of hard disc space to store all the ads, trailers, alternate endings and other junk that comes on the movie disc. I like to just rip the "main" movie to .mkv format and save the drive space. Your choice of course.

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 05:20:54 pm »

Side note: Many movie collectors don't save in ISO because it takes up a lot of hard disc space to store all the ads, trailers, alternate endings and other junk that comes on the movie disc. I like to just rip the "main" movie to .mkv format and save the drive space. Your choice of course.

And for that use https://www.makemkv.com/ - a great and currently free program.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 06:26:54 pm »

Hmm I have DVDFab.

I use DVDfab. It has basically the same functions, and can rip to an ISO, although I rip full folder structures.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 08:09:31 pm »

So thanks for this.

However JRiver does have a ripping function (which won't remove copy protection I assume). I do I set it to ISO?

Appreciated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 09:56:08 pm »

JRiver rips DVDs to a full folder structure, or more correctly just the VIDEO_TS folder, since that is all that contains anything. It doesn't have the option to rip to an ISO. As you say, it relies, in your case, on DVDfab to remove protection and rips the unprotected files.

To rip to ISO using DVDfab Passkey, just insert the DVD into an optical drive and wait for MC to analyse the disc, then right click on the DVDfab icon in the System Tray and select "RIP to Image" ( I think that is what the function is called from memory.) Make sure all your other DVDfab settings are correct, such as location to rip to.

Once complete you can tag the ripped DVD using "Get Movie & TV Info..".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 10:27:11 am »

JRiver rips DVDs to a full folder structure, or more correctly just the VIDEO_TS folder, since that is all that contains anything. It doesn't have the option to rip to an ISO. As you say, it relies, in your case, on DVDfab to remove protection and rips the unprotected files.

To rip to ISO using DVDfab Passkey, just insert the DVD into an optical drive and wait for MC to analyse the disc, then right click on the DVDfab icon in the System Tray and select "RIP to Image" ( I think that is what the function is called from memory.) Make sure all your other DVDfab settings are correct, such as location to rip to.

Once complete you can tag the ripped DVD using "Get Movie & TV Info..".

OK so thread answered. No option to rip DVD disc to ISO in JRiver (with copy protection). Would be nice to have that option in JRiver (I have no idea how to create a feature request). Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up