INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Existing files re-importing on every import pass - LOG EXTRACT INCLUDED  (Read 1681 times)

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi,

Using version 23.0.103 (64 Bit)

I have 2 files that continually re-import every time I run an Auto import cycle...they are listed below....and always appear on top of the "Recently Imported" list.
The only thing I notice is that there is a ";1" at the end of each file in the log - but this is not present on the files themselves.

In-depth details:
Imported:
    X:\Music\The KLF-JAMs-The Timelords\The KLF flacs\Albums\1990 - Chill Out (UK)\The KLF - 1990 - Chill Out (UK).flac;1
    X:\Music\The KLF-JAMs-The Timelords\The KLF flacs\Albums\The Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu - 1999 - Made @ 3 A.M. Coming Down Off E (CDr) (UK)\The Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu - 1999 - Made @ 3 A.M. Coming Down Off E (CDr) (UK).flac;1

Can anyone assist with this?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

The flac;1 extension may be the problem.  Try renaming the files with a .flac extension.

marko

• MC Beta Team

The flac;1 extension may be the problem.  Try renaming the files with a .flac extension.

Hi,

Using version 23.0.103 (64 Bit)

I have 2 files that continually re-import every time I run an Auto import cycle...they are listed below....and always appear on top of the "Recently Imported" list.
The only thing I notice is that there is a ";1" at the end of each file in the log - but this is not present on the files themselves.

cue files perhaps? The more I think about it, the more likely this seems to me. Check the file directory and see if there are any there.

Other thoughts...
Where is drive X:\ ? Could that be worth investigating?

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi,

The ;1 extension is not present on the actual files - they are .flac.

The ;1 only appears in the log and in JRiver.

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck

Excellent - yes, it was the CUE files that were causing this problem.
Have moved them to a sub folder, and that resolved the issue.

Thank you!

cue files perhaps? The more I think about it, the more likely this seems to me. Check the file directory and see if there are any there.

marko

• MC Beta Team

Nice one. Thanks for letting us know.

If you don't want auto-import to bring in the .cue files, you can set it to ignore them, which saves you having to move them out of the way.

Go to "Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Configure Auto Import"
Select the music folder and hit the "Edit" button.
Under "Import these file types", expand "Audio", find cue files in the list and untick, then OK your way back out.

-marko

RD James

CUE files and SACD ISO files import like this. For some reason Media Center always thinks that these files are new every time import runs.
This is problematic if you have files that you wish to be removed from the library, as Media Center re-imports them every time auto-import runs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up