INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move detached video display window to HDMI monitor  (Read 805 times)

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
Move detached video display window to HDMI monitor
« on: September 07, 2018, 05:26:51 pm »

I have a HDMI monitor attached to my notebook in 'extended desktop' mode, and would like MC to play videos on that monitor automatically. However, when I start video playback, the display window is always reset to the main (notebook) monitor -- so I have to:
1.) hit 'Detach Display' (or Ctrl+6), then 2.) click + drag the display window to the other monitor, resize if necessary, and 3.) click 'Hide Borders'...
Quite a number of steps to get the video position and size I want... (luckily, MC at least remembers the position & size of the detached display...)

Is there a way, perhaps by a script, to start video playback in 'Detached Display' mode by default?

Thanks in advance!

(Note to mod: I'm sorry if this was accidentally posted in the wrong sub forum -- please move as you see fit... ;-)
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Move detached video display window to HDMI monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 12:59:15 pm »

I have a HDMI monitor attached to my notebook in 'extended desktop' mode, and would like MC to play videos on that monitor automatically. However, when I start video playback, the display window is always reset to the main (notebook) monitor -- so I have to:
1.) hit 'Detach Display' (or Ctrl+6), then 2.) click + drag the display window to the other monitor, resize if necessary, and 3.) click 'Hide Borders'...
Quite a number of steps to get the video position and size I want... (luckily, MC at least remembers the position & size of the detached display...)

Is there a way, perhaps by a script, to start video playback in 'Detached Display' mode by default?

Thanks in advance!

(Note to mod: I'm sorry if this was accidentally posted in the wrong sub forum -- please move as you see fit... ;-)
Tools->Options->Tree & View->Full Screen->Monitor
Pages: [1]   Go Up