INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another Smartlist question...  (Read 979 times)

kgosfm

• Recent member
another Smartlist question...
« on: March 11, 2018, 11:39:00 pm »

My understanding is that Smartlists are supposed to constantly update when new files are added to a particular watched folder.  What if they don't?  I hit refresh, and nothing changes.  I even go into edit, thinking if I re-apply the rules, it would update properly.  Does it require a MC restart to update?  I'm so confused.   ?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: another Smartlist question...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 01:43:11 am »

A smartlist is a saved search. Whether or not a file appears in a smartlist, depends upon whether or not its tags satisfy the search criteria.

If you want all files within a particular folder to be included in a smartlist, then you would set the rule for that smartlist to match on the library field [Filename (Path)]. Then as files are added to that folder, and subsequently imported, the filename path matches the rule and the new files appear in the list.

The critical thing here is that in order for most smartlists to function as you would expect them, the library tagging has to be correct.

Perhaps if you let us know exactly what you're trying to achieve, we can help you reach your goal, and at the same time, help you arrive at some understanding of how you got there, which would get you a kick-start up the learning curve.

-marko

kgosfm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 06:47:49 pm »

marko,

I misunderstood the function.  I didn't realize that the files also had to be imported.  I thought that just the fact that they matched the search criteria (i.e. they are audio files in the appropriate folder), it would automatically import them into the library.  Thank you for the explanation.

kgosfm

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 07:09:49 pm »

Auto Import will import all files added to a watched folder, and then the SmartLists will be updated.

Make sure Auto Import is configured correctly and running in the background.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Auto-Import
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up