INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move file from watched folder upon import  (Read 971 times)

Bullitt5094

• Recent member
Move file from watched folder upon import
« on: March 12, 2018, 09:45:38 am »

OK. I'm tried to find this but I'm apparently unable to come up with the info. Help please.

When I import or auto-import from a watched folder, I would like to have the actual file moved to my Music Server HD in it's JRiver Music directory. Is there a way to do that? A link to the appropriate WIDI instructions or forum topic would be greatly appreciated.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Move file from watched folder upon import
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 10:40:50 am »

You can, but it's not as simple as you might think at first.

MC is almost entirely reliant on your tags being correct. So long as you're confident that they are, you can set up an auto-import rule for the [Filename (Path)] field, and MC will then move the files as per your given rule.

There's a more expanded explanation here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110425.msg764311.html#msg764311

Having read that, if you want any assistance setting things up or creating the rules, let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Bullitt5094

• Recent member
Re: Move file from watched folder upon import
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 09:00:02 pm »

Thanks for the info. But I'm the lazy guy that finds the easy way. I just copied the non-watched folder into the watched folder and told Windows not to write over any existing files. So it added any files into the local watched folder from the non-watched folder that weren't already in the Watched folder to start with. Now everything is on the SSD in my music server PC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up