INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: simultaneous output to HDMI and ASIO  (Read 2954 times)

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
Feature request: simultaneous output to HDMI and ASIO
« on: March 12, 2018, 09:57:03 am »

Hi

to have more output-channels available, I would like to configure various outputs at the same time:

for example:
HDMI: AVR Reciever via HDMI for 8 channels (7.1 Receiver)
plus
ASIO: USB DAC

for more channels

As I currently understand, its only possible to configure one output (ASIO or HDMI or WASPAI) at a time.

I am not sure what this new feature implies (driver wise, operating system wise).

Possible? Utopic?

Peter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Feature request: simultaneous output to HDMI and ASIO
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 10:00:00 am »

Couldn't you do that with zones?

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 10:35:14 am »

Hi

may be. I never tried. Tried ones "Zones" but could not get clear with it.
I may try it again (tried it on some older MC-Version, may be MC20)

I just want to output the same signal (playing the same file) to both output. The HDMI and ASIO then form a DAC of lets say HDMI=8, ASIO=4, a total of 12 channels.

The intent is not playing different files to these two outputs.

Peter

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 10:54:16 am »

are you attempting to use this device in a single location or in a multiroom setup?

mr_durden

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 12:06:26 pm »

Hi Peter,

I'm also trying to achieve simultaneous output to 2 soundcards.The problem is, that 1 zone can only output to 1 sound device at the same time. If you want to output to 2 sound devices you 1.) have to sync both devices together (because of different audio clocks) and 2.) use some additional drivers to get this up and running.

My goal is to output a bluray PCM 7.1 channel sound via HDMI to my Auro3D receiver to upmix for 4 height channels (and only for the height channels). Simultaneously I want to output the same PCM 7.1 signal to my ASIO MADI soundcard (to do some routing, soundshaping, room correction, ....).

I'm not fully succesful yet, but I tried with some ASIO router drivers namely Jack, Asiolink and asio4all. Yesterday I managed to get it running, but I have not tested it in detail. This is a rather complicated approach and maybe there's a much easier solution. Don't know. But in short this is what I have done.

1.) Install asio4all and set it to use your HDMI output (AMD, NVIDIA HDMI Audio).
2.) Install asiolink and start ASIO. Set "pick driver" to asio4all to output to HDMI. Then route from "network in" to "ASIO driver out mix" and enable connection. This routing via network does the autosync for both soundcards. Don't enable the Multiclient in asiolink.
3.) Set JRiver to also use asiolink as output but select your ASIO soundcard (your USB DAC) as output via "pick driver". Then route the "ASIO driver out mix" to "network out" and enable connection.

Voila, that's it. :) You shold now have 2 clock synced outputs at the same time! You have to deal with some extra and/or different latencie for the 2 signals but you can compensate for that.

Maybe this is all too complicated, but it was the only solution that worked for me. If you need any more assistance, let me know. Or if you find an easier solution, please let me also know. ;)

greetings,

Stefan

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 08:33:13 pm »

for 7.1.4 ... why not just output7.1 to ASIO MADI for processing then send processed sound to Aura 3D receiver for it to create .4 sound? just curious
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 02:15:50 am »

are you attempting to use this device in a single location or in a multiroom setup?

Hi

I will use it as single room multichannel setup. So relative delay must be stable but do not car how much. Same file playing on all channels

Peter

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 02:20:43 am »

for 7.1.4 ... why not just output7.1 to ASIO MADI for processing then send processed sound to Aura 3D receiver for it to create .4 sound? just curious

Hi

yes that would work if the receiver would have MADI. No commercial Receiver has that.

I use RME UFX, 2xADAT, 16 Channels. I cannt use them to feedback into a receiver, since no receiver has ADAT.
What I can do is feeding on Toslink to the receiver (2 channels). But what with the rest of 14 channels?

RME UFX has 12xanalog, that works :)

Peter

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 02:24:42 am »

Hi Peter,

I'm also trying to achieve simultaneous output to 2 soundcards.The problem is, that 1 zone can only output to 1 sound device at the same time. If you want to output to 2 sound devices you 1.) have to sync both devices together (because of different audio clocks) and 2.) use some additional drivers to get this up and running.

Okay, I may try that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up