INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I listen to a rip,while I am ripping another?  (Read 1101 times)

Huck

• Recent member
Can I listen to a rip,while I am ripping another?
« on: March 12, 2018, 03:14:28 pm »

Hi:
Maybe a dumb question,but can i listen to a previously ripped disc while I am ripping one? Thanks,Huck

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I listen to a rip,while I am ripping another?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 04:20:52 pm »

I've never done it, but there is no reason why you couldn't, as long as your PC has the power to handle it.

Ripping CDs isn't that resource intensive. Nor should it load up your hard drive that much. I would only expect a problem if you had a very weak CPU.

Try it and see. With Secure Rip turned on, MC will tell you if it couldn't make a good rip.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 09:02:05 am »

Dear Huck, I´m always listening during ripping - I never had had a problem. Even with the same CD which one I´m ripping live..
Wake up and slow down 😴

Huck

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 06:20:15 am »

Thanks...Huck
Pages: [1]   Go Up