INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adaptive Volume: Peak Level Normalize for Handheld sync  (Read 1230 times)

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
Adaptive Volume: Peak Level Normalize for Handheld sync
« on: March 12, 2018, 04:05:14 pm »

I've read a lot about this topic but i'm quite not sure if i understand it correctly - at least for handheld sync.

I.e. i am wondering how peak level normalize works for handhelds if the DSP has to be applied during conversion.

My understanding:
Peak level normalization analyses the peak level of the playlist (from values gathered during analysis) and then normalizes this playlist to this peak level. So the peak level may be different for different playlists.

Question:
What is the basis for calculation if the DSP is applied during conversion for handheld sync assuming one track is located in different synced playlists?

Background:
I am considering using peak level normalization in combination with volume leveling for my handheld (sd card for the car radio) as the overall volume is a bit too low only using volume leveling.

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Adaptive Volume: Peak Level Normalize for Handheld sync
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 05:58:42 pm »

Adaptive Volume and Volume Leveling work in a per-track mode with conversions (including handheld sync).
You would have to use Volume Leveling with a Parametric EQ filter to boost the volume by something like 3 dB or 6 dB to have a mostly-level conversion that is louder than the default, however I'm not sure whether or not clipping protection is enabled during conversions. I would assume that it is, but I have not tested it.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 04:27:29 am »

I use Volume Levelling followed with a Parametric EQ boost of +10dB and Clip Protection.  This does a good job of restoring volume to tracks for car play without too many side effects...

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 12:41:43 pm »

Thanks to both of you. This makes a lot of sense. I will give it a try definitely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up