INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you modify the manual import pull-down list?  (Read 983 times)

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
How do you modify the manual import pull-down list?
« on: March 12, 2018, 07:48:55 pm »

How does MC create the manual import pull-down list and how does one go about modifying it?  It seems very random, doesn't store what I type.  Therefore it's pretty useless and not very user friendly. 

And I know all about Auto-import and Library & Folder options.  That's not what I'm asking.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do you modify the manual import pull-down list?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 09:00:38 pm »

It looks like the drop-down list of locations shown in the "Import a Single Folder" Media Import dialogue is a list of all locations that Windows has found image, audio, or video media files. Plus the last used location that MC has imported media files from is shown as the current suggested location.

The drop-down list has never accepted keyboard entry. You have to use the Browse button to select a new location to import from.

Why do you ask? Are you having trouble Browsing to a location you want to import from? If so;

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114852.0.html

For NAS; https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114873.0.html
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How do you modify the manual import pull-down list?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 09:28:36 pm »

Thanks for the response.  Basically, MC2x relies on Windows to fill this list of locations rather than providing something more user friendly and useful.  They save the last location.  How much harder would it be to save more than that?  The Windows drop-down list is pretty much useless.  I know that I can type a location in the field or use the Browse function, but what I was hoping for was a way to change the drop-down list to contain the drives/directories that I almost always use when importing a single folder.  Instead of MC2x remember say the last 5 folders that I have used, it relies on Windows for that list.  Sadly, I couldn't find the entries in the current list in the registry, so no idea where Windows builds/keeps that list.  Basically, the answer is MC does not create the list at all.  Sorry, but I find that sad and lazy.  Wouldn't take much effort to keep a list that the end-user is most likely to use, like the last 5+ selections previously entered, instead of letting Windows do the work via some method() or other lazy approach.  Sad.

Anyway, thanks again for you help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up