INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback interrupted on Id 20.0.100/MC 20.0.141-7, seemingly by AC disruptions  (Read 1188 times)

Reddy Kilowatt

• Recent member

My Id is connected to a Win 7 JRiver MC-equipped server.  All music files reside on the server and I drive the Id either with a wirelessly connected PC or JRemote on my iPhone.  Occasionally playback will be interrupted on the device.  If I enter JRemote, I'll see that the time playback bar cycles through infinitely on a 5 second loop, albeit with no sound.  I've found that if I just re-select the song on JRemote or MC (or select any other song), playback will be fine.  After a lot of observation (and tearing my hair out), it seems almost certain that the disruption is caused by AC disturbances, for example turning on a bathroom fan or starting a paper shredder.  Does this make sense?  I can't always create the symptom, but I can almost always correlate the symptom to some sort of change in load on the AC circuit.  Ideas welcome.  Thanks!

Reddy Kilowatt

• Recent member

I should have mentioned... the Id is connected to my network via Ethernet cable, not WiFi.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

If you are confident that the issue correlates to AC disruptions, put your MC Server on a UPS.

Or fix your mains power supply. Or just check that the Server PC has a good quality and adequately sized Power Supply, and replace if necessary. It could be that the PC Power Supply is ageing, or doesn't have a good enough Hold Up Time (the time it will hold the voltage output up at specifications when there is a drop in supply line voltage).

I have no idea if a power brownout would cause the symptom you are seeing though.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Reddy Kilowatt

• Recent member

I thought I would provide an outcome here.  The problem seems to have been resolved, as it's not occurred in over 3 months.  So, what did I do to fix it?  I switched my older Id (and its power supply) with my newer Id (and its power supply).   ::)

Is it possible that the newer power supply is a bit more robust and can handle the motor loads on that homerun?  Maybe.  Is it possible that it's something else?  Sure.

Anyway, back to the music.   ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

If you read the fine print on the power supplies, what are the outputs?

Reddy Kilowatt

• Recent member

If you read the fine print on the power supplies, what are the outputs?

The one that had issues at the "trouble" outlet is a 12V, 3A, 36W PS (Model #WA-36A12)

The one that handled the "trouble" outlet OK is a 19V, 3.42A, 65W PS (Model # FSP065-10AABA)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up