INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with losing library  (Read 1446 times)

zonka

• World Citizen
Problem with losing library
« on: March 13, 2018, 11:57:09 pm »

I am using MC, on a Nuc with Windows 10, as a client only taking music files from my pc in another room (I don't have JRiver on that computer - I'm just sharing folders).  Literally every time I restart the computer I lose my library (red circles by every song and when I try to play one it says can't play - no such file, or something like that).
I must have some basic setting wrong.  I am using a router hooked to my pc but with it being on my home network I wasn't sure if it could be the problem.  Are there settings I need to put into the router to keep a constant connection going between the pc and Nuc with JRiver?  Are there settings in JRiver I'm missing? 
I'm a networking novice and I clearly don't know what I don't know:)
I've tried to follow all the wikis but I can't make heads or tails of them - I think I'm having a hard time with all the definitions of terms I'm not completely comfortable with.

Thanks for your help

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with losing library
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 12:01:22 am »

No, you aren't doing anything wrong. Microsoft broke Network Browsing in the latest Windows 10 update, deliberately.

Read this to fix it: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114852.0.html
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

zonka

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 07:43:24 am »

Thanks for that. One follow up: my main pc is running windows 7 and the Nuc (running MC 23 as a client) is running windows 10 - do I need to make these changes on both computers or just the win 7 machine or win 10 machine?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 02:14:58 pm »

Good question. I don't have a Windows 7 PC to check if those two services are there. I think they will be, and if they are, do the same on your Windows 7 PC. You should also turn off SMBv1 in Windows 7 Features as well, since it is a security risk.

The new SMBv2 and 3 have been available for years, so Windows 7 is capable of using them. I'm just not sure about those two services. If you don't find them you may have to try Googling for information on what to do. Or ask Microsoft or on Tenforums.

EDIT: A quick Google shows those services should be available on Windows 7.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

zonka

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 03:12:00 pm »

Thanks - so change both computers,  right?
I will try this tonight.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 04:00:52 pm »

Thanks - so change both computers,  right?

Yes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up