INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding a rule for file display based on the Custom tag  (Read 1198 times)

niari

• Recent member
Adding a rule for file display based on the Custom tag
« on: March 14, 2018, 05:24:17 am »

Hi,

I want to create a view to make it easy for someone to select their music separately from mine. For that music I've set the value of the Custom tag to that person's name.

When I click "Set rules for file display" only 2 fields appear under "Add new rule". I can select the Custom tag in the first but there's no facility to set something like "is any".

Simply putting the person's name in the second field and applying followed by clicking OK twice does nothing.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Adding a rule for file display based on the Custom tag
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 06:28:30 am »

not entirely sure what you mean

when you click "set rules for file display" you will get the window in the attached screenshot. 

there are 2 fields there under "add new rule".  the first field you select your tag.  once this is done, a 3rd field will appear depending on the tag you chose.  the 2nd field is for "is" and the third you type the name.

niari

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 07:49:13 pm »

I don't get a 3rd field when I select the "Custom" tag.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 08:05:24 pm »

You should look at the Users functionality in MC. It would perhaps be a better solution.  https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Users

What happened was you selected "Custom" from the top of the drop-down list in the "Set rules for display" dialogue. That isn't the [Custom] tag, it allows you to create a Custom rule using an Expresion.

If you want to use the [Custom] tag as you described, scroll down the alphabetical drop-down list until you find the [Custom] tag. Yes, it looks identical to the first item in the list, "Custom", but it isn't.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

niari

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 07:22:02 pm »

Thanks. The User functionality is exactly what I was looking for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up