INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't burn  (Read 806 times)

strike98

• nothing more to say...
Can't burn
« on: June 16, 2003, 03:52:21 pm »

Hey Folks,
Newbie to the fourms but not MC. Used to have old MC with this machine running Win98SE. Now I have winxp pro with the latest ver of MC. and all the same hardware. Everything works good except the burning process. Here's what happens, I send music to the burner and push the burn button, progress windows opens showing to meter's and then it just hangs there, after about 15 sec an error message "can't start the write" pops up and thats it. I've looks through all the posts and can't find anyone having this problem or error mess. I've tried all the tricks I could find including the new aspi Layer for Xp (ver 4.70) and disabling the win xp cd burning feature (both ways) but nothing works. The Cdr drive will play audio through it using MC just fine. I also have the latest drivers installed for XP from HP but the device Manager still shows it as using the microsoft one. Don't know if it matters or not. Any kind of help would be good, I hate to have paided for this and not be able to use it all! Thks  Here's my stuff -

Media Center Registered 9.0.180 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 861 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 101 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.70

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeAnalog   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 31456
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: HP       CD-Writer+ 9100    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't burn
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 05:10:54 am »

Don't worry, we'll get it working for you. Please follow these instructions:

Turn on MC's logging for CD burning by changing the value of this registry key from zero (0) to one (1):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\CD Writer\Logger

Then just start up Media Center and try to burn a CD (you can leave test mode checked to avoid creating a coaster). Then exit MC and find a file in the MC program directory called "cdwriter.log" and email that to me. Remember that the log file is overwritten each time you start up MC, so you must send the file before restarting MC.

Thanks!
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up