INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Activating License(s) Causes Headaches  (Read 1480 times)

klay

• Junior Woodchuck
Activating License(s) Causes Headaches
« on: March 14, 2018, 05:36:08 pm »

I'll describe what happened when I activated v22 to v23. Now it happened again activating v23 to v24. Double clicking on the new license does work, *but* in my case, it resets: library, sorting, remote, codec, tile size in theater view, and about 5 or 6 other things I have to check, reset and re-enter. Basically, I have to start my configuration all over again. Until I upgrade.....again.

Why?
Yours truly,
Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Activating License(s) Causes Headaches
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 07:47:18 am »

have you tried to restore a current backup from the previous version? be-sure to read the instructions closely that pop up! some things will have to be reset or added manually on a new install.....that's just how it is.

Let me know where you found MC24 to install AFAIK it has not been released yet...tho they don't tell me much so I could be wrong!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 08:02:57 am »

I don't think the license problem has anything to do with the library problem.

When you install the license, make sure you have MC23 installed first and then run it once, then install the license.

Restoring a backup, as suggested, should solve the library problem.

klay

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 12:25:34 pm »

Thank you for the responses. To be clear, I'm only activating the v24 license as I purchased the "special" upgrade price. Clearly, it works for v23 and hopefully v24. I am running v23 with all current updates. Backup: I see no option or menu item to backup for restoration-guide me, please. (When I find it) will it backup all preferences as this action resets a lot of them?
Yours truly,
Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 02:03:24 pm »

The answer here is not to activate the license until you have the next version actually installed.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 04:21:19 pm »

There is something else going on with your PC or the way you are using MC, and it has nothing to do with the licence update. After all, a simple Windows 10 upgrade caused the same issue recently.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113160.0.html

Note the suggestion to view the Youtube videos explaining how to backup and restore.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RD James

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 05:41:52 pm »

Are you doing something weird like running Media Center "as admin" ?
It sounds like double-clicking the license could be loading Media Center on another user account/privileges from how you are normally running it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up