INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver server does not respond ?? (Problem Solved)  (Read 1858 times)

Facel

• World Citizen
JRiver server does not respond ?? (Problem Solved)
« on: March 16, 2018, 02:08:05 pm »

I am running JRiver on an Intel Nuc with a 5 To disc for storing my media files. This PC is headless (without any monitor) and is used as server for different media players running JRiver acting as medi renderer.

My problem is that a few minutes after beeing power on or awaked my nuc server and also JRiver application does not respond anymore.

JRiver seems to run a process that is  blocking any function on the PC , I cannot even do enaything with the remote desktop from another PC.

do you have any idea about what could going on ?

Facel

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver server does not respond ??
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 05:55:04 pm »

It seems that in fact it is the noskml.exe program that is having a high cpu usage ...

Do you know how to solve this probem ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 06:21:11 pm »

Antivirus.

Facel

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 01:54:47 pm »

Hi Jim

What do you mean by "antivirus" ??

I only have windows defender running and I have followed the advices given by 'Awesome donkey" in this post https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114101.0.html

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

Facel

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 12:00:56 am »

I did check but this link does not provide any solution !

I have to tell you how did I solved my problem/
I would rather say that this link covers servral solution but not in the correct order.

After more investigations, the noskml.exe is related to pilots and drivers of the system.
Despite having run the intel utility software (without any particular indication) that is supposed to check if there are some new drivers, softwares availables for the intel Nuc I did check manually and discover 3 new drivers available recently.

I did update the Ethernet Network Gigabit Pilot that is new from 03/05/2018 ...that solved the noskml problem as well as a wake up lan problem that was randomly there.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up