INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC23 keeps creating Backups for MC22  (Read 1312 times)

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
MC23 keeps creating Backups for MC22
« on: March 17, 2018, 08:52:38 am »

Can I deactivate that? I have the latest MC23 installed and noticed during the past few weeks, that it creates MC22 backups although it is not installed. At first I thought those are remaining backups that have been created during the time MC22 was installed, so I removed the folder. However, those backups keep coming back. Is there a specific reason for this? Can I set an option to only create backups for the version I am using?

Thanks.

EDIT: I just looked into the MC23 folder and it is empty. So MC23 keeps creating backups for MC22 (or it just puts MC23 backups into the MC22 folder). Is that a bug?

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: MC23 keeps creating Backups for MC22
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 09:01:23 am »

You can configure the backup location in Settings > File Location > Program Files -> Library backups
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

tyler69

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 09:07:01 am »

Thanks Hendrik! The path was MC22, so I assume this fixes it. I can't recall ever changing these settings, does MC change this automatically or do I need to adapt the path each time I install a new version (e.g. MC24)?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 09:10:30 am »

It should update automatically if its still set to default, at least when MC automatically imports the settings on the first install. If you manually restore a settings backup from an old version, it may keep the original path in there, i'm not sure about that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

tyler69

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 09:12:02 am »

Got it, thanks!

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 01:52:44 pm »

It should update automatically if its still set to default, at least when MC automatically imports the settings on the first install. If you manually restore a settings backup from an old version, it may keep the original path in there, i'm not sure about that.
Oh this is what causes that.....pretty sure it keeps the original path....will watch this on MC24 to verify
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up