INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request - Remote Shutdown  (Read 889 times)

F Ribeiro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • If it isn't broken don't fix it.
Feature request - Remote Shutdown
« on: March 17, 2018, 08:54:44 pm »

Hi,

I think it would be a good idea to have a direct shortcut for the shutdown option in JRemote.
Something like what I pointed with the red arrow in the attached pic.
Like me, there must be a lot of people having server PCs away from the hifi rack (or hidden) using the JRemote option to shutdown their dedicated computers and to wake it up by WOL.

I know it only needs some taps to the shutdown button, but it is not intuitive, specially when you have another members of the family using this feature occasionally.

Not to mention that it is easy to mess with the authentication configuration and the global address.
JRiver Media Center 25 PC and MAC | PC: Dell Latitude E5250 - Windows 10 Pro | MAC: Mac Mini late 2014 - Mojave | Amp: Classe CAP-2100 | CD Player: Meridian G08.2 | DAC: Naim DAC V1 | Turntable: Linn Axis, Akito tonearm, Adikt MM | Loudspeakers: ProAc Response D28 | Cables: Transparent, Nordost | Server: Synology DS216 Play Raid 1 |

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request - Remote Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 10:29:22 pm »

+1, especially since it currently cannot be done at all in the Android version of JRemote. I didn't know that, and I urged a client to buy JRemote for Android because he wondered whether Gizmo could put the PC to sleep.

bvocal

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 06:38:40 am »

I, too, would like a direct menu item for shutdown-sleep etc. My iphone MediaMonkey remote has such a feature and I used it every day... I'm tempted to leave MediaMonkey running just so I can use that feature.
It would also be swell to be able to access at least an on/off control for DSP stuff.

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 06:46:49 am »

I agree. Also for panel I would like to have a shutdown button visible at all times without needing to go into another menu.
Pages: [1]   Go Up