INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Storage' folders?  (Read 1151 times)

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
'Storage' folders?
« on: June 16, 2003, 12:09:12 pm »

Okay, here's what I want to do. I want to take MP3 listings out of the search, and into folders where I group them with like listings of MP3s. (Organized by album playlists.) I would like them to disappear from the normal artist/album schemes so I know what I haven't sorted yet. Then I want to be able to see them in the grouping, so I can burn them to data CDs. Ideally, I'd like to retain the listing showing which data CD I burned them to, even when I delete the MP3s from the hard drive.

A way to do this would be... highlight the tracks, go to copy/move and move them to a folder that I don't scan, then delete them from the library but not the hard drive. I can see them (in a way) by looking in the location tree. (TREE? he said TREE!!)

Then when I have enough or have sorted the ones I want, I can burn them to CD by looking in the location (I THINK this should work although I haven't done it) and move them to individual hard drive folders that just contain the MP3s I burned... I can create a separate library for that so I can see what the songs/tags look like, and when I want info about that data CD I can open that library. (I can delete the files from the CD outside of MC... but would that mess up the library? This is another question I have.)

As you see, this is a very cludgy way to do things... PLEASE tell me someone has an easy, effective way to do all of this??
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: 'Storage' folders?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 06:00:23 pm »

I'm not sure I follow exactly what you're tying to do but here's two things that may help...

First, you can create your own database field and use it along with view schemes and smartlists to keep track of what you've done.  

Second, if you reinsert the data CD after you've created it, MC will catalog the contents in the CD, DVD & Handhelds database separate from the original tracks.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
Re: 'Storage' folders?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 06:37:49 pm »

Kewl, I'll have to check out that database field. I can enter the group I want the album to be in, and sort that way... the ones that aren't in a group yet will all be at the top. Great!

Will re-inserting the CD work with data (MP3) CDs? I'll have to try it... and I can combine that with the database field (mark that it's wrapped and sealed) so the completely processed MP3's will still be in the database even when they're on CD but not the hard drive, but not mixing in with the ones on the hard drive but not burned to data CD... hmmm.

Thanx a bunch!!
This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Pages: [1]   Go Up