INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Visualization doesn't work properly in newer version  (Read 1705 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen
Custom Visualization doesn't work properly in newer version
« on: March 19, 2018, 06:08:30 pm »

I have custom visualization I've created in the past that I use all the time (I love listening to music with the lights off in my studio while looking at the visualizer).

But having just upgraded to the new version (23.0.102) from version 20, I was dismayed to find out that my visualizations no longer work properly. I don't know what changes were made to the visualization studio, but it's totally altered my visualizations, and I really need to get them working properly in the newer version. It would suck to have to be restricted to using version 20 just for my visualizations.

Here's the link to the visualzations, as well as a short video capturing how it's supposed to behave:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/opwuuj29w6tr6hi/Rob%27s%20Impact%20Cosmos%20Visualizer.zip?dl=0

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Custom Visualization doesn't work properly in newer version
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 06:25:25 pm »

If you're using the 64 bit version of MC, try the 32 bit version.

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 08:45:14 pm »

That worked. Thanks! Is there any way to get my visualizations to work with the 64 bit version? Or am I stuck using the 32 bit version?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 09:15:07 pm »

Compile them as 64 bit.

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 10:31:27 pm »

Compile them as 64 bit.

How do I do that? I looked in visualization studio and didn't see any options for that. And I'm not a programmer, so if this require me to actually use a compiler, then that's way out of my range of ability, unless it's something pretty straightforward that I can read a simple tutorial and get it done.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 07:26:48 am »

I see no reason those shouldn't work the same in 64-bit. Will try to have a look why they are different.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 08:24:25 am »

I found the reason, but it'll take a while to update this for 64-bit. So no quick fix, unfortunately.
It also affects a bunch of the built-in Visualization presets, like Oscilloscope -> America (anything using the Super Transform component, among other things),  so I have put it on the list to work on, but no ETA.

It'll probably get fixed in MC24, due to the effort required it probably won't make MC23 anymore.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 06:35:15 pm »

I found the reason, but it'll take a while to update this for 64-bit. So no quick fix, unfortunately.
It also affects a bunch of the built-in Visualization presets, like Oscilloscope -> America (anything using the Super Transform component, among other things),  so I have put it on the list to work on, but no ETA.

It'll probably get fixed in MC24, due to the effort required it probably won't make MC23 anymore.

Thanks. So I guess I'll have to use the 32 bit version for now if I need to use the visualizers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up