INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping Bluray with JRiver- how do I select the audio language?  (Read 1799 times)

jwk246

• Recent member

I have a Bluray (US version of a French movie) that I ripped with JRiver. The Bluray box says it has "Original French 5.1 Dolby Digital@ 640Kbps", "Original French 2.0 PCM Lossless @1536Kbps", English Language Track 2.0 Dolby Digital @ 192Kbps". I'm bitstreaming to my AVR over HDMI. I would like to get the French track w/ English subtitles; I can get the English subtitles (using the onscreen context menu), but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the French track, I can only get English. I searched the forum but can't find any reference to this, and I'm not sure whether the language selection is supposed to be done at the time I rip the disc (I looked for some way to select the preferred language, but could not find any way to do so), or if all languages on the disc are included in the rip and I just haven't figured out how to select the French language version during playback. Thanks for any light that can be shed on how to do this.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Ripping Bluray with JRiver- how do I select the audio language?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 01:53:25 am »

If you are ripping the BD using MC then you are getting all the content including the Sub Streams.  When playing back the BD, you can select the Sub Stream (right Click --> Subtitles or if in TheaterView --> Up Arrow till you get to the Subs menu).  MC will remember your selection for the next time it is played back.  If the Sub stream you expect is not present, it is not part of the original disc.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up