INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advanced View help - All Artists with at least one 4-star album (cust field)  (Read 917 times)

SpedInFargo

• Recent member

Can someone help me with one custom view I've been meaning to create for a while?

I have a custom field on all of my files called "Album Rating" - it's worked very well for me for quite some time.  I have nice views of "All 4+ Albums" for instance and I can usually find things quickly.

I'm now looking for a view like this:  All Artists with at least one 4+ star album.  For instance, I might have four albums by artist John Smith:  one is a 4-star album, but most of his albums are less than 4-star.  I would like to easily see all of his albums (since I tend to not give other albums by him a second chance).

But I have an artist Jane Doe that has no albums that are greater than 3.5 stars.  I don't want to see her in this list.

I could obviously create a new custom field called "Artist Rating" but I would rather it be calculated based on my existing data...

Thoughts on this one?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

the easiest way is to use a search (type in to the search bar, or into a smartlist)

[Album Rating]>=4  ~expand=Artist

(assuming Album Rating is a number field.)

SpedInFargo

• Recent member

Wow - that was actually pretty straightforward and does pretty much exactly what I want.  I need to do some research on how this ~expand thingy works... it sounds like it could be powerful.

Since my album rating is a list data type, this is what my search looks like (for artists that have at least one 4.5 or greater album):

[Album Rating]=[4.5],[5.0] ~expand=Artist

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up