INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music stops playing MC23, acts like buffering - why??  (Read 1421 times)

whome

• Recent member
Music stops playing MC23, acts like buffering - why??
« on: March 21, 2018, 06:25:18 pm »

I have been running MC23 for some while and all has been fine. For no explicable reason it acts like it buffering, the music plays for about 50 secs stops for 10 seconds plays for 50 secs or so .... and so on.

I am using JRiver through my Cambridge Audio CXN app, as I have always done. I have installed other media players to eliminate the source of the problem and it only happens with MC. I've made no changes (as far as  know) that would cause this issue.

I've reinstalled MC

Its not the app, it happens without using the app, its not the Cambridge, everything else works, its not the network because other media runs. Strangely it doesnt happen when running JRiver on my PC.

Ive just paid for the MC24 upgrade and concerned that I cant cure this problem and Ive wasted my money. ?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Music stops playing MC23, acts like buffering - why??
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 06:43:41 pm »

Problems like these can be several things.  You've mentioned a few, but it's possible one of those is the problem.

Network
Disk
CPU
Something getting in the way.  Antivirus often does that.

So, the way you will find the problem is to make changes, one at a time, and test.

Start by removing the Cambridge device and the app from the picture.  Play to a local device.  Play local files.  Play small files, like MP3.  What happens?

It's not likely that it's a problem with MC.  We're not seeing such problems frequently.  It's possible, but not likely.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 07:01:22 pm »

Is it this device?
https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/products/cx/cxn

Is it a DLNA device?  If so, check the conversion settings in MC's Media Network > DLNA Server.  Try no conversion.

What is the "app" you mentioned?

whome

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 10:45:24 am »

Hi, yes it is the model I have. The app is the Cambridge Audio app that can be used to access MC.

Since posting the problem stopped after reinstalling MC and going through every setting carefully, so I thought I had fixed it, but unsure how. Then today it started again. I must admit I'm not entirely sure where the fault lies, but I will start a process of elimination again.

I'll check the no conversion suggestion, thank you

whome

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 12:15:52 pm »

I think (with fingers crossed) I have found the answer. the powerline socket. It looks ok, but Ive changed it and so far so good. The clue was the clear fact it was a network issue. and it happened with Tidal which eliminated MC. Like I say fingers crossed !!! :)

JimH

• Administrator
Pages: [1]   Go Up