INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import audio anayze fails  (Read 959 times)

greyscale

• Recent member
Auto Import audio anayze fails
« on: March 22, 2018, 09:57:32 pm »

I can import my audio files from my NAS fine. However, audio analyze fails. the process hangs MC and my laptop.
 I have to shutdown the laptop and restart in order to it. Any ideas? Yes, I'm able to play the files in the library just fine, just hangs in auto import. ?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Auto Import audio anayze fails
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 04:12:06 am »

try changing how many files are analyzed at a time and see if this helps. analyzing is very intensive on a cpu, I remember just reading somewhere that you should only analyze as many files as you have cores....just a thought.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 06:39:11 am »

I can import my audio files from my NAS fine. However, audio analyze fails. the process hangs MC and my laptop.
 I have to shutdown the laptop and restart in order to it. Any ideas? Yes, I'm able to play the files in the library just fine, just hangs in auto import. ?
Try letting it run.

RD James

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 10:09:25 am »

I would try analyzing audio manually rather than using auto-import, and see if that works at all.
Auto-import should only be analyzing one track at a time, so I don't think that will be the issue.
It sounds as though it might be hitting a bad file if it's freezing the application.
Pages: [1]   Go Up