INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver doesn't remove deleted or empty fields while updating from tags  (Read 869 times)

DrKNo

• World Citizen

Hope you are all doing well =)
Following scenario:

Main library resides on NAS, Multiple JRiver instances access it. It is also synced via a third party service to my macbook (used for DJing), where it is indexed by a local JRiver instance locally. Updating files works fine, changes are synced, and changes in tags reflected on all instances. With one exception: If I remove a field (say I delete a comment in a file), the tag is updated (verified with JRiver tag dump and MP3Tag), but the content is not deleted from the libraries of other JRiver instances. This tag is still searchable in these instances, and worse: If they modify a tag for some reason, they reintroduce the deleted field, making it a bit of a revenant.

How would I solve this? I even tried to overwrite the field with a blank space, but JRiver apparently also ignores fields that only contain blanks as well =)

Side note: This is not a problem when connecting to the library remotely via the library manager, since the field is edited on the remote machine. Since My macbook is portable, I need a local library version obviously. Is there a "proper way" to do things that I am unaware of?

DrKNo

• World Citizen

Humbly bumping this... any suggestions welcome!
Pages: [1]   Go Up