INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compression field  (Read 1705 times)

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Compression field
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:01:59 am »

Importing new folders into the library is a bit hit and miss regarding the compression field. It populates nicely for most files (bdmv folders) but doesn't for others (which by the way are same type of bdmv folders).

Eventually one or the other pops-up after a certain time but many remain empty.

The compression field of UHD bdmv folders remain all empty ...(this I think will not change before MC 24 right??)

Is there something I can do to force the compression field to repopulate or can I see somewhere why it fails to populate ?

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Compression field
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 02:59:42 pm »

bump...

did everybody leave already for MC24  :-[...

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 03:02:46 pm »

You can automatically add a predetermined tag on import if your similarly compressed movies share a parent directory.

RD James

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 03:24:42 pm »

Try using "update library from tags" on those files. Sometimes Media Center doesn't always pull in that data for some reason.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 03:34:48 pm »

You can automatically add a predetermined tag on import if your similarly compressed movies share a parent directory.
Thanks guys for the answer :
..use this already (tagging on import) but haven't separate directories according to Audiocoding....I'm actually interested in the audio part of the compression field ie "DTS-HD" etc...which I use to display format logo's on my remote.

If you knew how frustrated i am right now knowing that some beta members already test full BD menu support. My humble requests to help out where superbly ignored  :'(  ;D.

....have still >30TB of BD's to test if needed...

I just rebuilt a brand new HTPC and only MC24 is missing.......you know the feeling....you build a PC....have everything but just not the ATX20 to 24pin adapter ;D...

The update library from tags doesn't work either...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 08:09:52 pm »

Is there something I can do to force the compression field to repopulate or can I see somewhere why it fails to populate ?

Try this: Select the video file you want to change, select the Compression tag in the tagging window, right-click the Compression field and select "Rename".

You should get a drop down list which you can select from if multiple media files are selected, or if just one file is selected you can type in the value you want.

Works for me, but I am on a later version than you.  ;D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 01:17:43 am »

rename is greyed out

Works for me, but I am on a later version than you.  ;D

REALLY NOT FUNNY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

How much have you all paid to get in :-*

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 02:01:05 am »

I just checked MC23.0.103, and while I can't select the tag in that version, I can still right-click on the tag and select rename, and it allows the same editing options. I don't think I have any particular settings that enable that capability. It should work for you.

EDIT: Actually, I can't select the tag in my later version either. MC23 and my later version work identically. I can't see any changes in the Release Notes beyond MC23 that would affect this functionality. Try again.

EDIT2: I just checked the Library fields definitions in "Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library fields..." and the [Compression] field is shown as "Cannot be edited". Sure enough, it looks like I can edit the tag, but the change isn't saved. It reverts to the previous value. Sorry, I should have checked that properly earlier.

Only Jim knows how he selects people for the Beta Team, but helping lots of people on the forum, being positive, constructive, and perhaps knowing what you are talking about a little seems to do the trick for some people. But maybe his quota is filled.  ;)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 02:46:52 am »

All of my Compression Fields are updated for BD / UHD BD correctly.  The only thing missing is that MC does not indicate if the Audio includes a Atmos or DTS:X Stream. 

While you can not directly edit the Compression Field, the good thing is that you can update this field programatically over MCWS, and Swag of Tools now includes an option to use MediaInfo to see if your BD/UHD BD has Atmos / DTS:X and adds it to the compression field (see pic).

JRiver CEO Elect

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 03:56:23 am »

Thanks
Yes I have already tried Swag of tools ... haven't tried to play around the compression field with MCWS though.
I'll try that...

Only Jim knows how he selects people for the Beta Team, but helping lots of people on the forum, being positive, constructive, and perhaps knowing what you are talking about a little seems to do the trick for some people. But maybe his quota is filled.  ;)

I try to ask him directly ... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up